2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

Ferrari await stewards' decision

Ferrari are awaiting the outcome of a race stewards' meeting after Michael Schumacher's pole position was placed in doubt ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The stewards decided to investigate the incident Schumacher was involved in during the dying seconds of the final qualifying session, after the Ferrari driver made a dubious error at the Rascasse corner.

The incident caused several drivers to slow down on their final flying laps, and Renault's Fernando Alonso claimed he would have grabbed pole position if not for the yellow flags.

Schumacher was at the stewards office following qualifying, and now the German will have to wait to know if he manages to keep his pole postilion.

"We are now waiting to hear the stewards' decision," a Ferrari spokesperson said.

Across the paddock, drivers and team bosses, as well as former F1 stars, were critical of Schumacher, and suggestions are now made that the German will be ousted from the head of the Grand Prix Drivers' Association.

Renault boss Flavio Briatore, who steered Schumacher to his first two titles at Benetton, was very critical of the German.

"I think he is taking everyone for a ride," he told reporters. "Someone who was seven times a world champion wants us to believe that he didn't do it on purpose, it's fairyland.

"And given that we are not Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, I think that what he did was unsporting and against everything...It's really astonishing what he did. Incredible."

A Renault spokesman said however the team had not made a formal protest because an investigation was already in process.

DreederOcUK said:
I know it might at first seem quite a harsh view, but imo, they should penalize Shuey for the obvious tactic, by firstly disqualifying him from tomorrows race, and then my breaking both of his legs, making him unfit to race again, and finally cutting his bonce off....

As I said it could be a slightly harsh punishment, but no more then he deserves.... pretty much everyone was playing fair for the entire quali session, with so many oppertunites for drivers to block and slow other cars, but all but him put on a fantastic sportsmanship display, he goes and spoils it for Alonso and a few other drivers.... Shuey is a very clever chap, but should be beheaded.

DreederOcUK for Sports Minister!!

Should Schumacher lose his position, where would he be placed on the grid? Naturally, it only affected those just completing his lap, so would he be placed say, 6th? Or would they drop him to 10th or even last?

Flibster said:
DreederOcUK for Sports Minister!!

Dreeder, indeed. \o/

Mikol said:
Should Schumacher lose his position, where would he be placed on the grid? Naturally, it only affected those just completing his lap, so would he be placed say, 6th? Or would they drop him to 10th or even last?

If they take his time away - 10th...

If they punsih him further - the back of the grid/pitlane

Or further - back at the British GP

Or further - 2007

Simon/~Flibster

DreederOcUK said:
That sounds good, ill be there in a fortnight and seeing him coming thru from behind :eek: would make for a decent show.

Your going the British GP? Sweet. Where are your tickets for? I think we are at Copse, I can't remember. Just want me tickets to arrive now :@ got my camping sorted though!

Penalise him further by taking away his '95 Championship and give it to Hill.

edit: Was it the Japanese GP in '95 or '94 where Schumacher crashed, swerved back into the racing line and hit Hill to prevent him overtaking him on points for the title?

edit2: It was Aus in 1994 so you can take that away too as it was the season I originally meant :D

DreederOcUK said:
Ill be sat front row Luffield B grandstand, I got me tickets thru about 3 weeks ago.. Id start worrying if yours havent arrived yet tbh...

No no, it's all good. A mate has them (lives quite far away) and is posting them down soon. He was meant to be coming, so ordered the tickets. But now can't, so going to post them instead.

Stewards also summon Fisichella

Monaco Grand Prix stewards summoned Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella after reports that he blocked Red Bull's David Coulthard in qualifying.

"He (Coulthard) looked as if he should have been able to qualify in the top five or six," Red Bull team boss Christian Horner, whose driver also attended the hearing, told Reuters.

"Unfortunately he got blocked by Fisichella on his fast lap and that cost him a great deal of time."

Coulthard, a two times Monaco winner with McLaren, qualified ninth while Fisichella was fifth.

The Scot had ended the second knockout session, when cars are still running on low fuel, as the fourth fastest.

Ferrari's Michael Schumacher, who took pole position, was also summoned by stewards after he stalled on the penultimate corner in the dying seconds of the final qualifying. The obstruction prevented rivals from bettering his time.

The outcome of the stewards' hearings was expected some time after the GP2 support race that followed Formula One qualifying.

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

So who's the blocking SOB now Fisi?

Being a Ferrari nut I dont think Shuey did anything wrong. That being the case Alonso should be penalised his last lap. You cannot set your fastest lap on a lap with waved yellow flags!

....runs for cover....

goreblast said:
Being a Ferrari nut I dont think Shuey did anything wrong. That being the case Alonso should be penalised his last lap. You cannot set your fastest lap on a lap with waved yellow flags!

....runs for cover....

You can actually - all you need to do is prove that you eased off and didn't overtake anyone.

Simon/~Flibster

Haha...sore loosers the lot of you!

If Alonso/Kimi and the rest of the field were faster than MS - which they blatently are/were - as he just cheated to become 7 times WC...why didn't they set their times before MS had an opportunity to 'cheat' again!

Hope he wins tomorrow, then wins the WC again and again and again :D :D

Oh yeah, and Flavio your boring us now, and Ron finally no-one gives a cahoot about what you have to say - about anything!

Type_R said:
Haha...sore loosers the lot of you!

If Alonso/Kimi and the rest of the field were faster than MS - which they blatently are/were - as he just cheated to become 7 times WC...why didn't they set their times before MS had an opportunity to 'cheat' again!

Hope he wins tomorrow, then wins the WC again and again and again :D :D

Oh yeah, and Flavio your boring us now, and Ron finally no-one gives a cahoot about what you have to say - about anything!

Hmm my fanboy meter just shot up. :p

Back
Top Bottom