2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

speeduk said:
Hmm my fanboy meter just shot up. :p

Mine broke :( :p

The way I see it, he enters the corner and does at first lose the back end, corrects that and has a small lockup of the front right tyre, he then turns in to the second part, and then with seemingly no reason he straightens up, doesn't look like the rear end stepped out again...

Type_R said:
Haha...sore loosers the lot of you!

If Alonso/Kimi and the rest of the field were faster than MS - which they blatently are/were - as he just cheated to become 7 times WC...why didn't they set their times before MS had an opportunity to 'cheat' again!

Hope he wins tomorrow, then wins the WC again and again and again :D :D

Oh yeah, and Flavio your boring us now, and Ron finally no-one gives a cahoot about what you have to say - about anything!

Wondered when you'd turn up.

speeduk said:
He was loads up on the first and second sectors and ended up being slower after the last corner.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

*Sorry - very silly mood atm...*

Whitmarsh amazed at Schumacher incident

McLaren's F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh said he hopes Michael Schumacher did not deliberately stop on track in the dying moments of qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, despite the incident appearing initially as "blatant poor sportsmanship."

Schumacher veered across on the exit to the penultimate corner while his main rival Fernando Alonso as well as others were on their final flying laps behind the German.

The incident caused immediate uproar across the paddock, and the race stewards have put Schumacher under investigation. Their decision is imminent.

But Whitmarsh said the incident raised questions over Schumacher's antics and hoped the Ferrari driver was able to provide a good explanation to the stewards.

"We don't have the data, so we don't know what happened, but it was an extraordinary incident," Whitmarsh told reporters at the Monaco paddock.

"Visually, it appears to be very unusual and strange. But maybe he has a good explanation, and he can convince the stewards otherwise...

"It would be very very sad to believe that this was a deliberate act, but I think plenty of people are looking at it, based upon only that information and none of the data... It looked very strange, it looked very extraordinary.

"I think the best comment I've heard on it since it happened was Kimi [Raikkonen]'s own view that in fact he should've taken one hand off the steering wheel, covered the camera with one hand, and done it with the other..."

Whitmarsh suggested, however, that should Schumacher be found to have acted deliberately, his punishment should be heavy and reflect the damage done to the sport's image.

"The stewards are investigating, and I hope they look at all the data and make a proper judgement as to what happened," the Briton said.

"If it is as cynical as I guess many people suspect, then it's a very, very sad day for Formula One, to see that level of blatant poor sportsmanship."

Webber: only Schumacher knows

Mark Webber has said that Michael Schumacher is the only one who can know whether his incident at Rascasse in the dying moments of qualifying at Monaco was genuine or fake.

Webber, who was one of the drivers to lose a chance to improve his time because of the incident, held back from casting a damning judgement on Schumacher on Saturday afternoon. He had yet to watch a video replay.

"I understand the second sector was well down," said Webber. "You could say he was trying very, very hard in the last sector, but it looks like there's been two moves on the steering wheel from what I've heard.

"Obviously if it is intentional it is childish, isn't it? It looks a bit tricky to be honest."

Webber has made no secret of his admiration for Schumacher, although he admitted the seven-time champion had let him down before.

"Personally I was a bit disappointed in Michael last year at Indianapolis, which is why I haven't done much with the Grand Prix Drivers' Association since then," he said. "I still hold him in very high regard, but who knows what happened?

"I just feel you don't have to do this stuff. Why does it always have to happen? It's like Mike Tyson biting someone's ear off, isn't it?

"I crashed here at Rascasse in F3000 when I was on pole, but I was trying to improve.

"I'm a huge sports fan and we've seen that sometimes people do things that they shouldn't. Senna did some pretty wild things because he believed that was right. But will Michael sleep well tonight. Who knows?

"If it's deliberate it's absolutely rubbish. It's massively below the belt and if that's the case he should definitely lose all his qualifying."

Webber played down speculation that Schumacher will be asked to resign as president of the GPDA, saying it was too early to make such a judgement.

roflmao, its a conspiracy, yer right. The Ferrari rear end has been rather twitchy all weekend (I think Massa proved this earlier on in the session). If you watch the onboard view you'll see exactly what happens.

As for anti stall, they dont always work, as has been proved many times before by drivers stalling (Kimi in the pits earlier in the session stalled).

Ah well, at least Button had a good qual, oh wait, no he didnt and then he went away in the huff. Such a shame :D.

Flibster said:
You can actually - all you need to do is prove that you eased off and didn't overtake anyone.

Simon/~Flibster

The old Hakkinen "wave at the marshalls tactic" and keep it planted, very risky and very dangerous ;).

Arc said:
The old Hakkinen "wave at the marshalls tactic" and keep it planted, very risky and very dangerous ;).

Raikkonen has done the same in the past too - most famously in Germany when someone's engine expired and he just waved at the marshalls and went into the smoke which obscured the whole track at 200mph. :eek:

Some big huge brass ones in that car to do that tbh.

Simon/~Flibster

Flibster said:
Raikkonen has done the same in the past too - most famously in Germany when someone's engine expired and he just waved at the marshalls and went into the smoke which obscured the whole track at 200mph. :eek:

Wasn't that Spa?

EDIT - Please forgive me if wrong all knowing one! ;)

DreederOcUK said:
I know it might at first seem quite a harsh view, but imo, they should penalize Shuey for the obvious tactic, by firstly disqualifying him from tomorrows race, and then my breaking both of his legs, making him unfit to race again, and finally cutting his bonce off....

As I said it could be a slightly harsh punishment, but no more then he deserves.... pretty much everyone was playing fair for the entire quali session, with so many oppertunites for drivers to block and slow other cars, all but him putting on a fantastic sportsmanship display, he goes and spoils it for Alonso and a few other drivers.... Shuey is a very clever chap, but should be beheaded.

:rolleyes: Is all that needs to be said about that. Oh but he is critising MS so it must be applauded. Disgusting.

If MS had finished down in fourth of Fifth would you lot be caring if the same incident happened? Thought not.

Fire 1 said:
:rolleyes: Is all that needs to be said about that. Oh but he is critising MS so it must be applauded. Disgusting.

If MS had finished down in fourth of Fifth would you lot be caring if the same incident happened? Thought not.

Dreeders post was clearly a joke. Don't take it to heart.

In reply to your comment OF COURSE NOT! That's the WHOLE point in this 'conspiracy' ... he did it to protect POLE :rolleyes: He wouldn't have done it if he was lower down the ranking.

What MS did was wrong, regardless of his final position. The fact he has used under hand tactics before and most times gotten away with it is the reason its ****** me off so much.

Joke.... Id pay to see the man killed.... hell ya. I hate the German cheating bloke with a passion, a lot of SPORT fans do, at last years BGP when he spun in the Luffield complex the fans cheered.

Flibster said:

Some big huge brass ones in that car to do that tbh.

Simon/~Flibster

That was at the top of Eau Rouge at Spa ;).

Dont think he waved in that instance, just planted it and went. Very brave of him but the consequences could have been catastrophic had a car/marshall been on the track at the time.

DreederOcUK said:
What MS did was wrong, regardless of his final position. The fact he has used under hand tactics before and most times gotten away with it is the reason its ****** me off so much.

Come on, MS is a great driver but he can make mistakes (as you lot frequently point out ;) ).

Its amazing that you all think something underhand has happened.

Back
Top Bottom