2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

Revised Monaco GP grid

The provisional grid for the Monaco Grand Prix:

Code:
[b]Pos  Driver        Team[/b]
 1.  Alonso        Renault             (M)
 2.  Webber        Williams-Cosworth   (B)
 3.  Raikkonen     McLaren-Mercedes    (M)
 4.  Montoya       McLaren-Mercedes    (M)
 5.  Barrichello   Honda               (M)
 6.  Trulli        Toyota              (B)
 7.  Coulthard     Red Bull-Ferrari    (M)
 8.  Rosberg       Williams-Cosworth   (B)
 9.  Fisichella    Renault             (M) *
10.  R.Schumacher  Toyota              (B)
11.  Klien         Red Bull-Ferrari    (M)
12.  Liuzzi        Toro Rosso-Cosworth (M)
13.  Button        Honda               (M)
14.  Villeneuve    BMW-Sauber          (M)
15.  Heidfeld      BMW-Sauber          (M)
16.  Albers        MF1-Toyota          (B)
17.  Monteiro      MF1-Toyota          (B)
18.  Speed         Toro Rosso-Cosworth (M)
19.  Sato          Super Aguri-Honda   (B)
20.  Montagny      Super Aguri-Honda   (B)
21.  Massa         Ferrari             (B)
22.  M.Schumacher  Ferrari             (B) *

* Michael Schumacher originally qualified on pole position, while Giancarlo Fisichella originally qualified in fifth position.

The Renault driver was penalised for impeding others during qualifying, losing his three fastest laps, which dropped him to 10th.

However, as the stewards decided to delete all of Schumacher's qualifying times, throwing him to the back of the grid, the Italian moves up to ninth.

There are good arguments for and against.

Either he stopped intentionally or he lost concentration and made a very silly mistake. There's only one person who will ever know which of those it was.

Looking at it unbiased... even if it was a genuine mistake it was still his fault that he caused an obstruction and has been punished for it.

Watching the video it does look a little suspicious :D :D

Lets hope Alonso stuffs into a wall and doesn't score. I don't care if he wins the title but I'd like to see a challenge, a close finish to the championship at least. If Alonso gets 10 and Schui 0 then that opens the gap to 25 points, which is too much. Alonso is good at finishing second, we could end the season like that because thats all he needs to do :/ Stupid 10/8 points system :|

Magsy I have to agree - whilst it is good that there are points down to 8th I do think that a 2 point gap between 1st and 2nd is too small. You could win the championship without winning a race; just consistently coming 2nd and 3rd. Me thinks that

12, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

would be far better.

Looking forward to a great race later today.

Will Schuey be able to fuel the car as he likes. I think running very light and assuming the Safety car comes into play would be the best strategy.

dannyjo22 said:
he will always be remembered as a driver that would literally do anything to win.

Your above comment is what Senna was all about to, because of that look at all the titles they won and races, pole's

Michael made a mistake and locked up, and come on it dude you have Villeneuve in your sig.

So your comments are pointless everyone knows Villeneuve and schumacher are not friends, so is he going to say anything nice about what happened?????

This thread is so biased each F1 race is Anti Schumacher, Michael has done so much for F1 the only guy year after year gives you something to watch on F1.

Like this year the only guy that could have kept the last few races interesting to keep Alonso honest.

Michael being sent to the back of the grid has given Alonso the title, enjoy the boring races.

This qoute below sums it up really

"Once again Michael Schumacher has been the victim of a whispering campaign of jealous inferior drivers. Why would a seven-time world champion who was guaranteed at least second place on the grid sacrifice any chance of winning when he has stated earlier in the week that pole position is not critical to winning but an astute race strategy is? Well done to the stewards for spoiling an incredibly exciting event. I for one as an avid F1 fan will not be watching"

Michael has done so much for F1 the only guy year after year gives you something to watch on F1.

Yeah I enjoyed watching him make that fantastic overtaking maneuver against Barrichello in the last lap at Austria in 2002, I also enjoyed watching the fantastic race he won at Indianapolis last year ( nice one Michael ) Other incidents I've enjoyed tremendously have already been mentioned in this thread especially Australia 94. And its always nice to see a driver who has in his contract a clause that his teamates have to play a subservient role.

I would never deny he's a great driver but his 'tactics' over the years and lack of fair play mark him for the man he is.

KASM said:
Yeah I enjoyed watching him make that fantastic overtaking maneuver against Barrichello in the last lap at Austria in 2002, I also enjoyed watching the fantastic race he won at Indianapolis last year ( nice one Michael ) Other incidents I've enjoyed tremendously have already been mentioned in this thread especially Australia 94. And its always nice to see a driver who has in his contract a clause that his teamates have to play a subservient role.

Dude are you that pip squeak Jackie Stewart

"Once again Michael Schumacher has been the victim of a whispering campaign of jealous inferior drivers. Why would a seven-time world champion who was guaranteed at least second place on the grid sacrifice any chance of winning when he has stated earlier in the week that pole position is not critical to winning but an astute race strategy is? Well done to the stewards for spoiling an incredibly exciting event. I for one as an avid F1 fan will not be watching"

Enough said.

all these qotes from Jacques Villeneuve qoute "the unsporting act was 'as bad as Jerez 97"

Come on Jacques who's trying to fool everyone now your just telling the world you were "once a champion" in 97 how sad is that Jacques

The people most happy with this is the tobacco sponsorship with Ferrari and Ferraris other sponsor's. As this is making Headlines in the sport section in every major newspaper.

Magsy said:
Lets hope Alonso stuffs into a wall and doesn't score. I don't care if he wins the title but I'd like to see a challenge, a close finish to the championship at least. If Alonso gets 10 and Schui 0 then that opens the gap to 25 points, which is too much. Alonso is good at finishing second, we could end the season like that because thats all he needs to do :/ Stupid 10/8 points system :|

Yer, so far I think the season has been pretty good, more competative than some previous seasons, but I would love to see the championship go in to the last few races.

Back
Top Bottom