2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

ahh man that has made my day, :D deserves it tbh, nice bit of retribution for some of the other dirty things he has done in his time, be nice to see webber pushing for a win i hope, certainly deserves one.

Can I now suggest that the immature scroats who felt they needed to e-mail Simon (get a grip) that they now address all complaints to the FIA? Seeing as they are the governing body of the sport and they found him guilty, do you want to argue with them too? Or are you going to now suggest that peer presure from everyone in the sport forces them into the decision?

Michael Shumacher is a great driver, extremely talented, but he made a fundamental mistake.

Personally I believe things have been blown up out of all proportion over this matter. He spun whilst pushing too hard on, by then, on tyres that were well past their best.

Last season Ferrari were basically laughed at for their poor performances and for some of the things that happened. This season, after a strong early showing, the knives have been sharpened and have really been plunged into Ferraris backs. Unfortunately, I think the behind the scenes politics are going into overdrive this season.

Over Clocker said:
.....and to those of you sending silly emails to Flibster - GET A GRIP!

....... All it shows is that some Schumacher supporters here are like the man himself in the way that they act.

/edit- PS, there is actually a reason that some of us dislike Schumacher... ever thought of that??

Well, there is a reason some of us like Schumacher, ever thought of that ;). Unfortunately, unless your a McLaren liking Jenson sympathiser there are times you feel as if your hounded on the F1 threads.

Silly emails are taking things too far however.

"requiring the driver to regain control of the car.

"The driver ultimately did so without hitting the barrier on the outside of Turn 18. The engine of the car subsequently stalled, with the result of the car partially blocked the track.

So how can MS move the car without the engine? Let it roll back into on comming cars? Get out and push?

Fire 1 said:
Like the posters in this thread never have done and never will do ;)

Whilst not wanting to get into any form of argument over this, are you agreeing that MS, possibly the best driver in F1 in recent times (not including the current generation as it could be argued that Alonso and Raikkonen are now the best), is capable of an amature mistake?

Memphis said:
is capable of an amature mistake?

Last year, heading to the grid at one GP, Schumacher went straight into another car, he does make mistakes. Spun in Turkey last year aswell.

He is the best F1 driver but everyone makes mistakes ;).

Memphis said:
Whilst not wanting to get into any form of argument over this, are you agreeing that MS, possibly the best driver in F1 in recent times (not including the current generation as it could be argued that Alonso and Raikkonen are now the best), is capable of an amature mistake?

While also not wanting to get into an argument over this, and not being the person that you addressed this question to....

Yes, of course he is capable of making an amateur mistake. Same way that Prost was capable of making an amateur mistake by falling off the road on the parade lap once, and Senna was capable of making an amateur mistake by running wide and into the barriers at Monaco in '88 (think it was 1988? And no, I don't believe the current Mclaren theory about a tyre going flat ;) ).

Memphis said:
I would love to see him win tomorrow... as long as he does the overtaking on the track and not in the pits.

Well, it would be pretty difficult to overtake the entire grid in the pits so we would expect some overtaking on the track if he was going to win :)

Back
Top Bottom