2006 Monte Carlo Grand Prix - Race 7/18

Memphis said:
I would love to see him win tomorrow... as long as he does the overtaking on the track and not in the pits.

If he does, the kudos to him. If he kept pole and won then he would get slated, but if he gets 1st from the back of the grid then he will deserve it as long as he makes one pass on the track and not in the pits.

Stellios said:
If he does, the kudos to him. If he kept pole and won then he would get slated, but if he gets pole from the back of the grid then he will deserve it as long as he makes one pass on the track and not in the pits.

Exactly :).

Oh and Mr Joshua, unless you were one of the people e-mailing Flibster, I wouldn't worry about it ;).

Schumacher will struggle to pass even the Super Aguri's on the track tomorrow.
His only chance is to get a good start off the line, avoid any collisions at the first corner and then hope the top cars drop out due to technical failure.

The last tiny thread of respect i had left for MS's achievements just died. Now no matter what he does he will always be remembered as a driver that would literally do anything to win.

He should now retire, because there isn't a way back.

Villeneuve said:

"I hope it was deliberate, because if that was a mistake he should not even have a F1 superlicence," Villeneuve raged to Autosport. "If you can make a mistake like that, you shouldn't drive a race car. There's no way you could make a mistake like that.

"It's the kind of thing I couldn't dream of doing myself. I don't know what goes through your mind when you decide to do that, when you know that the rest of the world can see. I don't understand it, it's stupid.

"It shows that you can only give the benefit of the doubt to someone so many times. Sometimes it makes you realise that every time it happens there is a reason behind it.

"He didn't need to do that, he's a seven times world champion, he was on pole position. Why do that? It's only going to make him look bad."

"This is so obvious. When you do something on purpose like that it is very extreme. You should not be allowed to drive a race car when you do stuff like that.

"This is embarrassing. Embarrassing for a world champion. It would even be embarrassing for Ide."

dannyjo22 said:
The last tiny thread of respect i had left for MS's achievements just died. Now no matter what he does he will always be remembered as a driver that would literally do anything to win.

So, absolutely nothing like a certain other driver who once ran at full pelt into the back of his rival on entry to a corner to settle the outcome of a world championship then? ;)

/devil's advocate mode

Oh well we might as well crown Alonso World Champion of 2006 - at least with Schui on pole we might have seen a race...now we will see Alonso run away and win another GP.

Oh sorry but it isn't boring this time round, because its a blue car winning all the races and not a red one.

Type_R said:
Oh well we might as well crown Alonso World Champion of 2006 - at least with Schui on pole we might have seen a race...now we will see Alonso run away and win another GP.

Oh sorry but it isn't boring this time round, because its a blue car winning all the races and not a red one.

Oh thats ok then, let the cheats stay at the front so you can see a good race (at monaco as if).

Yes its boring, but it was alonso's title anyway. The cars bullet proof and the points system make it too hard to claw back.

"So, absolutely nothing like a certain other driver who once ran at full pelt into the back of his rival on entry to a corner to settle the outcome of a world championship then?

/devil's advocate mode"

I disliked that cheating No swearing! too. If they had stamped on him at the time, we wouldnt have a few drivers moulding their tactics on him.

What I dont get is Honda were found guilty of cheating. They got a few races out. Cheating is what he's been found guilty of and too should be sitting it out.

dannyjo22 said:
I disliked that cheating **** too. If they had stamped on him at the time, we wouldnt have a few drivers moulding their tactics on him.

I was wondering whether I ought to respond to this.....I think I will.

You're seriously calling Ayrton Senna a "cheating ****"? Am I actually reading that right? Because if you are, then we have to call Prost that as well for Suzuka '89 (if you look at the video footage, you can tell he turned in on Senna on purpose, he turned in far too early for the chicane for it to be anything but deliberate).

So we have the winners of 7 of the F1 World Championships branded as cheats there. Add Schumacher's 7 as well since you obviously feel the same way about him, that makes 14. So 14 out of the 56 World Championships that have taken place have been won by cheaters in your eyes. Not a bad strike rate that, an entire quarter.

Anyone else you want to add to that "cheat" pile?

Inbox currently stands at.....

13 abusive emails. :D

Got to love the confidence that these 17 year olds from Wolverhampton *amongst others* get from 'annonymous' email... ;)

Anyway - back to the result...

Typical.. I bugger off to watch a vastly mediocre film - 2 mins later they announce their decision. Grrreeeaaattt! :rolleyes: Don't they realise that some people have lives? ;)

As for the decision - IMHO the correct one was made - but it took FAR too long.

Braked far too hard they say - well, that mush have come from the telemetry...

So why did it take 8 DAMN HOURS They could have knocked this out and been home in time for the Final Scores on the teletype...

Got more to add to this - but that will have to be tomorrow as I'm knackered.

Simon/~Flibster

Ferrari slam stewards' decision

The Ferrari team have reacted harsh criticism to the Monaco Grand Prix stewards' decision to send Michael Schumacher to the back of the grid.

The stewards said the German was found to have deliberately stopped on track in order to impede his rivals and retain his pole position.

In a statement issued following the decision, Ferrari sporting director Jean Todt said: "Ferrari note with great displeasure the decision of the race stewards, which is to delete the times set by Michael Schumacher in qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.

"We totally disagree with it.

"Such a decision creates a very serious precedent, ruling out the possibility of driver error.

"Michael was on his final timed lap and he was trying to put his first place beyond doubt, as could be seen from the fact that his first split time was the best and could have seen him do another very good lap.

"With no real evidence, the stewards have assumed he is guilty."

The stewards elected to penalise Schumacher under Article 112 of the 2006 Formula One Sporting Regulations, which allows the stewards to delete the driver's time from qualifying without allowing the team to appeal the decision.

With Schumacher's penalty and Felipe Massa's accident in the first part of qualifying, Ferrari will have both their cars starting from the back row of the grid - an unprecedented situation for the Italian marque.

Back
Top Bottom