2009 Ashes Series - England vs. Australia **Spoilers**

Caporegime
Congrats England...you managed to get back the Ashes that you embarrasingly lost 5-0 last time around...well played :)

As for the Aussies??..time for them to have a serious re-think about their team...some utterly silly selections in this test...Lee should have played and Hauritz should have been in the squad.

Anyways am sure the Aussies will deal a severe beating next time round...lets hope its not another 5-0 whitewash like last time:p.

Well done England and well played, out played the Aussies in every dept.

Associate
I'm missing Gilchrist, Hayden, Langer, McGrath, Lee, Warne and Symonds right now.

But my £50 bet on England to win at odds of 5:1 has helped to ease the pain.

:)

The Australian answer to Devon Malcolm :D Unless he hit his top, top form whislt replacing MJ (the fact he has a hundred test wickets shows the reduced state of test cricket just now), I fail to see how he would have helped. Lee can be just as erratic as Harmison or MJ and the one weapon he ever had was blistering pace and that is fairly reduced these days.

If McGrath and Warne were still playing you would have creamed us by 3 or 4 matches, like you probably will when we next visit Australia.

I never bet and even I would have had a big punt at those odds!

Associate
I was listening to some Aussies on sky sports the other week before the 4th test, bleating on about England only being any good when Flintoff performs. Basically calling England one trick pony's.

Caporegime
Some people at The Oval took umbrage at Ricky Ponting's honest assessment that, as far as statistics are concerned, the outcome of this series seems hard to understand.

With eight hundreds to England's two, and with Australia's bowlers at the top of the wicket-taking list, you would expect his team to have won.

Jonathan Agnew column - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/8217222.stm

Pretty much underlines the scale of what has happened.

Well done England. :cool::cool::cool:

Andrew-Flintoff-celebrate-England-A.jpg
:cool::cool::cool:

Ricky-Ponting-England-Australia-Fif.jpg
:D:D:D

Ricky-Ponting-congratulates-Andrew-.jpg

Ricky Ponting was magnanimous in defeat, congratulating Andrew Flintoff, better than the bad blood after 2005.

A great series from two great teams.

Last edited:
Associate
Brillaint result today, superb series.

I'm just glad England are competitive these days, the 90's the early 2000's ashes series were painful to watch. I also hope the loss of Flintoff won't effect us to much.

Back
Top Bottom