Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Did I say that? If anything I said the opposite. I just think it's a tad hypocritical to criticise Labour for wasting money through Quangos and then start setting up your own as soon as you get into power.
You're implying they have moaned about every quango. They haven't. They are against the useless ones.

The "community empowerment" quangos. The "Five a day" quangos and their managers (~ £150k for each PCT), and so on.

Caporegime
You're implying they have moaned about every quango. They haven't. They are against the useless ones.

The "community empowerment" quangos. The "Five a day" quangos and their managers (~ £150k for each PCT), and so on.

Community empowerment? Isn't that exactly the sort of thing that Dave should be approving of for his Big Society plans to take off. After all, some sort of advice will probably be needed for all the pushy mummies who are going to be setting up their own schools.

Soldato
Community empowerment? Isn't that exactly the sort of thing that Dave should be approving of for his Big Society plans to take off. After all, some sort of advice will probably be needed for all the pushy mummies who are going to be setting up their own schools.
It might be, it might not be. That is besides the point you are discussing :confused::confused::confused:

Soldato
Caporegime
Did I say that? If anything I said the opposite. I just think it's a tad hypocritical to criticise Labour for wasting money through Quangos and then start setting up your own as soon as you get into power.

How is it hypocritical?
The conservatives are against useless quangos that are a waste of money, nothing specific about Labour.

Man of Honour
I don't think that the Daily Mail ever gets anything right; it beggars belief that they used some slapper to set up a sting on Lord Triesman with the likely outcome that we will not get to have the World Cup in the UK in 2018.

Complete and utter scum :mad:

Jeez, do you get things wrong on purpose just to wind yourself up?
The slapper taped Triesman herself and then offered it to a number of national papers as revenge and the Mail on Sunday were the only ones who wanted to pay for the story.
By the way, don't you think the Labour Peer is complete & utter scum for cheating on his wife?

Capodecina
Soldato
... The slapper taped Triesman herself and then offered it to a number of national papers as revenge and the Mail on Sunday were the only ones who wanted to pay for the story. ...
As a matter of interest, seeing as how you know so much about this story, who took the photographs of the slapper outside Paul Patisserie on Marylebone High Street with Lord Triesman :confused:

Man of Honour
I don't know so much about it all, I just have no axe to grind with any particular newspaper so am able to see past the red mist and listen to what's said and not what I want to hear.
Perhaps a photographer took the picture, dunno, perhaps you should ask Max Clifford.

Soldato
Hardly warrants a response given their rationalle (“to reshape the House of Lords, which is currently dominated by Labour, to be reflective of the vote”).
If that was true, then why not just shrink the Lords in line with the way the electorate voted? If value for money was a priority, then the government wouldn't be creating more Lords in order to make the House more representative.

Soldato
If that was true, then why not just shrink the Lords in line with the way the electorate voted? If value for money was a priority, then the government wouldn't be creating more Lords in order to make the House more representative.
You can't "shrink" the Lords. Did you even read the article you posted?

None of Labour’s 211 existing peers can be removed, so the coalition must appoint dozens of its own to rebalance the upper chamber.

I'm starting to grow tired of hatchet jobs.

Soldato
Government publishes 'historic' coalition policy deal

Details of the coalition deal struck between the Tories and the Lib Dems have been published in full in what the parties called a "historic document".

Prime Minister David Cameron said policies had been ditched on both sides - but the coalition had the "potential to be a great reforming government".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8693535.stm

http://programmeforgovernment.hmg.gov.uk/

Just having a read through it now, all looks very promising.

Back
Top Bottom