2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
The UK Census will be conducted in just under seven weeks.

At the last census, people were encouraged to report their religion as "Jedi" - what will happen this year?

For a starter, anti-war protesters are panning to boycott the census altogether as a result of the involvement of the American arms firm Lockheed Martin.
Protesters say they are willing to break the law and face a £1,000 fine and a criminal record by refusing to fill in the 32-page questionnaire. Resistance to the decennial census is growing as a coalition of anti-war groups, pacifists, religious organisations and digital activists begin raising public awareness about the role of Lockheed Martin, America's largest arms manufacturer. (The Grauniad)
Sounds like a worthwhile protest :)

Man of Honour
Of course its not a worthwhile protest.

Just fill it out and bin the sense of overinflated self importance that makes you think you can even begin to understand half the things you whinge incessently about.

Permabanned
No it doesn't.

a spokesman for the ONS dismissed the fears. "No personal census data will be handled or seen by any American-owned company. No Lockheed Martin employees will see or handle any personal census data. The public can be reassured that their personal details from the census will be kept confidential and will remain so for 100 years," he said.

Soldato
32 pages !!!!
like i have 32 pages of time, have they not heard of this forum
put it on here and then i may get round to doing it.

seriously tho, is everyone getting it ?
whats its purpose ? what do we gain ?

Soldato
Sounds like a worthwhile protest :)

I'd have to disagree with you.

The census is for countrywide stats, future planning and information about who we are and where we are today.
Boycotting it for any reason is absurd.
Adding the smiley to the end of you post almost seemed to remove the air of troll I could smell, but no matter.
I fundamentally disagree with you.

People should fill in the census accurately, then we would know the true reflection of who lives in the UK.

Permabanned
why cant they use a british company, why involve lockhead martin at all?

but you cant boycott it as it attracts a £1k fine and criminal record, gotta love the government, fill out this form or we will screw you lol

Man of Honour
Which ones do you disagree with?

He's probably not even read a specimen survey yet, he's just being rypt, where he thinks its cool to have anti authoritarian opinions he knows nothing about. A Census is important and is carried out by governments the world over.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18507715 said:
He's probably not even read a specimen survey yet, he's just being rypt, where he thinks its cool to have anti authoritarian opinions he knows nothing about. A Census is important and is carried out by governments the world over.
:D

Man of Honour
Thy already have all that info via where you work, where you pay council tax, where your kids go to school, who is signed up at the GP ...

Some people do not work, do not pay council tax, do not have kids at school and are not registered with a GP.

rypt, you are not an all knowing, intelligent, sensible being who can run the country. Give up with the delusions and know your place.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18507715 said:

I disagree with pointless questions such as the ones about ethnicity, religious views, country of birth, etc.

I also do not see why they need data on things they already know via other sources (paying council tax, electoral register, DVLA addresses, income tax, schools, NHS surgeries, etc).
For instance they ask information about your accommodation, yet they should have all this info already from the land registry, planning offices and local councils.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18507737 said:
Some people do not work, do not pay council tax, do not have kids at school and are not registered with a GP.

If they don't work, don't take benefits, don't use a doctor, don't pay tax, don't live in a property then they are not going to fill in the census anyway as they are probably illegal immigrants...

Zip

Zip

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18507660 said:
Of course its not a worthwhile protest.

Just fill it out and bin the sense of overinflated self importance that makes you think you can even begin to understand half the things you whinge incessently about.

Awesome post!:D

Anyway i hope all those £1000 fines from all the anti-war groups go to the military for some better equipment.
And to see the look on the face of the protestors when they find out where their £1000 went:D:p

Soldato
I think quite a lot of people will be putting down atheist due to the recent campaigns to tell people to do so and not going for Jedi just to take the mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom