2011 Census soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I disagree with pointless questions such as the ones about ethnicity, religious views, country of birth, etc.

I also do not see why they need data on things they already know via other sources (paying council tax, electoral register, DVLA addresses, income tax, schools, NHS surgeries, etc).
For instance they ask information about your accommodation, yet they should have all this info already from the land registry, planning offices and local councils.
Religion is voluntary, and why do you care that the government will know your place of birth or Ethnicity? lol

Man of Honour
I disagree with pointless questions such as the ones about ethnicity, religious views, country of birth, etc.

Who are you to decide whats pointless? Those questions are as important as any of the other, they will provide us with detailed information about the makeup of our country. You can even use the data from the census in a few years time to backup points about how horrible imimgration is!

I also do not see why they need data on things they already know via other sources (paying council tax, electoral register, DVLA addresses, income tax, schools, NHS surgeries, etc).
For instance they ask information about your accommodation, yet they should have all this info already from the land registry, planning offices and local councils.

There is nothing like the required level of datasharing within local government agencies to allow this to work. Yet another example of you oversimplifying everything. I fully expect you to reply with 'WELL JUST SHARE THE DATA THEN LOL'.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
A number of points:
  • I object to the census being organised by ANY foreign company
  • I am not convinced that the census data will not be used commercially or for surveillance purposes (e.g. the UK ID Card)
  • I believe that the census is largely a "fishing" expedition
I can entirely understand why someone would provide misleading information (e.g. born in Ramsbottom). Anyone who refuses to complete the form, pays £1,000 and gets a criminal record for a political protest will earn my deep respect :)

Caporegime

it's easier to ask you, than to hire thousands of people to trawl though all the records and collate everything.

Not to mention it would be much less secure and confidential.

Soldato
But a spokesman for the ONS dismissed the fears. "No personal census data will be handled or seen by any American-owned company. No Lockheed Martin employees will see or handle any personal census data. The public can be reassured that their personal details from the census will be kept confidential and will remain so for 100 years," he said.

yes right

Man of Honour
A number of points:
  • I object to the census being organised by ANY foreign company
  • I am not convinced that the census data will not be used commercially or for surveillance purposes (e.g. the UK ID Card)
  • I believe that the census is largely a "fishing" expedition
I can entirely understand why someone would provide misleading information (e.g. born in Ramsbottom). Anyone who refuses to complete the form, pays £1,000 and gets a criminal record for a political protest will earn my deep respect :)

Whats it like being you? Do you hide under your bed during daylight hours? You are the most paranoid person I have ever had the misfortune to encounter on an internet forum.

You'd enjoy life a lot more if you stopped worrying about every little detail and stopped thinking everyone was out to get you.

We have had a 10 yearly census for 200 years. It isnt about ID cards or making money from your personal data. Honestly, and some of you try and claim to be educated? Stop with the ridiculous paranoia.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Should be a nice learning exercise for my daughter, will get her involved and let her know what the various questions are all about, why it is done, that sort of thing.

Soldato
As said above its used for futer planning etc.

The reason not to involve a UK firm, as I doubt there is a firm that can do it, the government screwed up the new IR system, the child benefit one, not to mead EADS, HP, Fujitsu who all do gove contracts over charge and are generally shambolic in their attempt to run a project to time or cost.

Soldato
I'm just going to fill it in with loads of mickey mouse info and avoid the £1000 fine. If I wanted to provide the Government with all the info they're after I would happily do so of my own free will. However, the fact they can fine and prosecute you means I won't be giving them a helping hand.

Give me back my freewill please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom