2018/19 Manager Merry-Go-Round

Soldato
Steve McClaren has been sacked by QPR. I didn't even know he was manager of QPR. :o

Surely McClaren must be one of the most sacked managers by now. I have no idea why he keeps on getting jobs..

Soldato
Yeah, he did well at Middlesbrough and he won the league in the Netherlands with Twente. In the years since, he has got progressively worse as a manager it seems.

Caporegime
Dunno, they have been declining steadily. Last year scraped 40 points, this year only 36, avoiding relegation by a couple of points.

Maybe it’s better to act quickly than to let the slow decline continue until the situation is irretrievable.

A lot of Brighton fans seem to think it’s the correct decision as well.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Relegation next season inbound!

Brighton did sort of go off the rails the past few months, they have some decent players but recently been trying to counter attack with Murray which is never going to work. I thought they were unlucky in the FA Cup, where Walker should have been sent off, to get that far was an achievement for them.

Soldato
Why are people shocked at Houghton's sacking? 36 points is terrible and they're lucky not to get relegated. By far the worst scoring record outside the top 3, slightly better defensive record in comparison to teams around them but still pretty bad, 8th highest spend in the league and most importantly they've regressed from last season despite spending so much.

Soldato
I'm not happy Hughton was sacked, but I wish he had retired. I was glad the season was over, and not especially looking forward to next season under Chris tbh.

Loads of idiots looking in saying it is madness etc...We have been absolutely shocking this season. Reports that attacking players were getting so frustrated with training because it was completely focused on defending and they were basically ignored. Chris brought in 40-odd million worth of attacking players and hardly played them because the players he already had were more solid defensively...We went about 5 games without a goal and 4 without a chot on target...6 points above relegation and we lost 0-5 and 0-2 to Bournemouth and Cardiff

It is a simple case of "thank you for everything you have done Chris, but you've gone as far as you can". Our chairman has ambition is not happy regressing, which is what we have done this year.

He is and always will be a Brighton legend. I'm sad to see him go becasuse he is a top bloke and he would be a great appointment for any Championship club. but I'm excited to see what happens next.

Soldato
People not understanding why he was sacked obviously have not sat through the drivel Brighton dished up since January the football has been terrible, played defensive all season yet couldn’t defend, spent 140m yet most of the signings didn’t play, went 7 games without a goal and around 5 shots on goal in all that time. I watched every game, getting more and more depressed last 10 games without a win it was truly the worst football I’ve ever seen, we were lucky that the bottom 3 were worse then us!

Soldato
People not understanding why he was sacked obviously have not sat through the drivel Brighton dished up!

What I don't get is that most of them have, and have gone on about it all season-

"blah blah, Brighton are rubbish play so defensively, dire football, not even trying to win etc"

Then we sack the manager because we want to play better football and suddenly its

"why have they sacked him I just don't understand. He was doing great"

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom