2018 FIFA World Cup Play-offs and International Friendlies ** Spoilers ** [8th - 14th November 2017]

Soldato
Tickets for England tickets for England Germany on Friday. I'm sure we know Germany are by far the better team, but I'd love for us to beat them :p Hopefully more chance of a decent atmosphere too; I was at the Slovenia game a few weeks ago and it was very flat..

Caporegime
Tickets for England tickets for England Germany on Friday. I'm sure we know Germany are by far the better team, but I'd love for us to beat them :p Hopefully more chance of a decent atmosphere too; I was at the Slovenia game a few weeks ago and it was very flat..

Not surprised the atmosphere was flat, it mirrored the usual England performance.

Must be mad paying to go and watch that dross :p

Caporegime
I particularly loved this stat. Southgate says he can't call up Wilshere, a player who can play a creative role and link the midfield to upfront excellently and a type of player we don't really have, because he isn't playing first team.

Wilshere has played 25 mins in the prem and 521mins in all other competitions. Southgate called up Drinkwater, who has apparently played 22 mins in the prem and 103 mins in all competitions, so Southgate called him up even though that is a position we have Dier and frankly a whole host of workman type midfielders who aren't nearly creative enough but keep getting called up.

The entire concept of not playing for your team is meaningless anyway, either that player will improve the team because you need someone who can play in their role or that player won't. If Wilshere can improve this team, which he absolutely can, it's utterly absurd to refuse to call him up based on how much he plays for Arsenal and it just gets worse when he calls up someone like Drinkwater instead.

Caporegime
But that isn't what Southgate said and frankly not playing for the first team as much makes it much more likely he won't be injured by the world cup yet leave us with easily one of englands best performers in recent years and filling a role no one else can for the team.

Back
Top Bottom