2018 FIFA World Cup Play-offs and International Friendlies ** Spoilers ** [8th - 14th November 2017]

Associate
It makes me laugh how in an international friendly the Brazilians are happy to throw themselves to the ground and hold their ankles.

Both Neymar and Dani Alves have been guilty of it. Honestly it's something we need to get good at, conning the ref into giving the opposition an early yellow card.

When England get a spell of possession Brazil are quite happy to have a nibble and give them a kick. We need to hassle the ref every time they make a synical foul like the one Augusta did on Rashford.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It makes me laugh how in an international friendly the Brazilians are happy to throw themselves to the ground and hold their ankles.

Both Neymar and Dani Alves have been guilty of it. Honestly it's something we need to get good at, conning the ref into giving the opposition an early yellow card.

When England get a spell of possession Brazil are quite happy to have a nibble and give them a kick. We need to hassle the ref every time they make a synical foul like the one Augusta did on Rashford.

Its a mystery how some side get away with that. Brazil are so niggly and shoving, barging the England players at every opportunity and we get nothing. Brazilians feel anything or think they can go down and they do. Ref buys it 99% of the time.

Associate
Its a mystery how some side get away with that. Brazil are so niggly and shoving, barging the England players at every opportunity and we get nothing. Brazilians feel anything or think they can go down and they do. Ref buys it 99% of the time.
It's all part of the game. If we are effectively neglecting to play the psychological side of the game then we are always going to lose in the end.

Caporegime
For all the possession they've had Brazil have literally created nothing, we've defended well.

They look like we do when we play a team who just want to defend - average.

Associate
For all the possession they've had Brazil have literally created nothing, we've defended well.
I really like Harry Maguire. He's a natural left footer and he has a surprising turn of pace and is also quite a cultured footballer when he needs to be.

It's so important to have a natural left footer in that position. When your opponent is trying to turn you round it makes a split second difference being on your most dominant side. Same goes when you need to play a first time ball and you are always able to take it with your preferred foot.

I think we should always be starting Vardy up front. We need his tenacity and his pace to counter the opposition. As good as Kane is in the Premier League I don't think it translates into international tournament football.

You need to be able to launch a counter attack at blistering pace as it's all about keeping your goal secure. You cannot concede the first goal in World Cups because you will have to chase the game and then you're in big trouble. Usually a team coming from behind is when a minnow gets a surprise early goal against a top team and they react. You never see two evenly matched teams throw away a lead.

Back
Top Bottom