2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers ** Spoilers ** [5th - 10th October 2017]

Caporegime
Our central midfield is the poorest it's been since I can remember, we desperately need someone who is capable of threading a pass.

Shelvey? the trouble is with England if you don't play for the big teams you don't get a look in, the manager always just shoehorns a bunch of big club/name players into the team. Scotland have a few Championship players and we almost lost to them. I don't think there's anything wrong with looking towards a couple of slightly less talented players if they provide a better balance to the team.

Caporegime
Shelvey? the trouble is with England if you don't play for the big teams you don't get a look in, the manager always just shoehorns a bunch of big club/name players into the team. Scotland have a few Championship players and we almost lost to them. I don't think there's anything wrong with looking towards a couple of slightly less talented players if they provide a better balance to the team.

Funny you mention Shelvey I was chatting to my brother at the weekend about how dross we are are and we both said he's capable of making a pass.... his all around game might be lacking a bit, plus he's a bit of a numpty but he can definitely thread a pass when he needs to. I'd give him a shot, why not we can't be any more boring.

We have to wait to see if the great white hope Foden can fulfil his potential, he's only 17 so we might be waiting a few years. It'll be interesting to see if he can start getting a few games in the cups this season.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom