2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers ** Spoilers ** [5th - 10th October 2017]

Soldato
Slovenia already know that Slovakia will beat Malta so they can either let the scots qualify or not as it won't affect them. Bit 'arsh :)

Caporegime
Unlucky Scotland, there was more entertainment in the last five minutes of their match than the whole of the England match.

Beating Lithuania with a soft penalty, we're gonna win the World Cup.

Caporegime
Couldn't be bothered watching the game after the atrocious performance mid week, doesn't look like I missed anything.

Average squad (being kind) and a below poor manager, it's not a good combination.

Associate
Got near kick off time and I really couldn’t be arsed, switched over with a few minutes to go saw the score and felt relieved I didn’t watch it. Winning 1-0 with the only goal a penalty against Lithuania ja6 st shows where we are atm, Southgate is such a dire appointment and is a typical F.A yes man

Soldato
Couldn't be bothered watching the game after the atrocious performance mid week, doesn't look like I missed anything.

Average squad (being kind) and a below poor manager, it's not a good combination.

I think its harsh to call the squad average to be honest...when all players are fit its a decent squad its just the manager is just boring.

Soldato
There is so much fear in the England team at the moment, didn't watch yesterdays game but against Slovenia you could tell, that's why they kept passing backwards, Sterling was the only one who tried anything (Rashford did for the 1st 15 minutes) but when it didn't come off all the crowd booed him, not sure why they bother to be honest as it's an unwinnable situation.

Associate
Thing is the expectation isn’t there so the pressure isn’t there either they should be playing with freedom. Also not many players are automatic starters like some old teams so there is lots of competition for places and that should show I think but it is just bloody dire

Soldato
I think its harsh to call the squad average to be honest...when all players are fit its a decent squad its just the manager is just boring.

It's not a decent squad. It's got a smattering of good players (Butland/Pickford, Walker, Jones is playing well at the moment, Alli, Kane, Rashford, Sterling (to a degree)) but there's nobody in the middle of the park who can transition from defence to attack. The team misses Lallana horribly; he's the only English player capable of collecting the ball deep and moving it forwards, and that's not ideally where he'd be playing either. None of our central midfielders offer anything in that regard at all which makes the whole team perform poorly. I'd honestly be tempted to pick Wilshere if he keeps getting games at Arsenal as when he's playing well (which he hasn't for the last couple of years) he's great on the transition - something that no other player offers.

Associate
It's not a decent squad. It's got a smattering of good players (Butland/Pickford, Walker, Jones is playing well at the moment, Alli, Kane, Rashford, Sterling (to a degree)) but there's nobody in the middle of the park who can transition from defence to attack. The team misses Lallana horribly; he's the only English player capable of collecting the ball deep and moving it forwards, and that's not ideally where he'd be playing either. None of our central midfielders offer anything in that regard at all which makes the whole team perform poorly. I'd honestly be tempted to pick Wilshere if he keeps getting games at Arsenal as when he's playing well (which he hasn't for the last couple of years) he's great on the transition - something that no other player offers.

Been a gooner for years and I’d like nothing more than to see Wilshere play he is getting there and when called upon he plays well for England I think his last few games he got motm awards

Soldato

Henderson can do exactly that....he does it for us at Liverpool all the time. If Southgate isnt playing him like that then that isnt his fault...then you have Lallana when fit.

Soldato
Henderson can do exactly that....he does it for us at Liverpool all the time. If Southgate isnt playing him like that then that isnt his fault...then you have Lallana when fit.
I'm a Liverpool fan. He's having an awful season, and he doesn't transition at all for Liverpool. He lays it off to Gini, Lallana, Coutinho etc who move it forward. And I mentioned Lallana

Associate
The lack of quality in the team is really shameful. Henderson and Dier wouldn't have got near the team 10 years ago. Same goes for the centre backs. Lallana, Sterling, Kane, Alli, Rashford are the only ones that show any spark in an England shirt. It doesn't help that the management and coaching is consistently terrible as well.

On another note, Ireland make the playoffs, pleased for them.

Caporegime
Shame to lose Scotland and Wales tho :( Could have been an amazing WC with all three home nations in it.

Without Bale... Wales are as average as England :p Not really good enough to go through, and England in a group with Ireland and Serbia probably wouldn't have qualified either :p

Soldato
Problem with England is the players buy into 'Best league in the world' crap, thus thinking they can roll anyone over when in reality they can't seem to pass the ball 10 feet accurately.

You can see it every weekend where kids are playing, it's always the biggest kids who are picked and all you hear from the sidelines is parents screaming "Get rid of it!!" we need to focus on technique and skill rather than lump and run and until we do all we will have is the constant stream of very average players sprinkled with the very rare exceptional one.

Back
Top Bottom