2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers ** Spoilers ** [6th - 11th October 2016]

Caporegime
**** as per usual.

Let's have it right, 2 goals against this lot is embarrassing. Scotland put 5 past them recently.

Makes me laugh, the commentator was talking about how goal difference takes precedence over head to head in the table, as though we were going to go on and pump them for 6/7.

Soldato
Just finished watching the England game, how dull was that.
The excuse that the opposition came to defend just isn't good enough,. We should have the ability to come up with something over the course of 90 minutes to break them down.

Of course one of the bigger problems is of course the premier league may well be the best in the world, but unfortunately populated by a large majority of foreign players.

Caporegime
Rooney's definition of being a midfielder is to stand in the space between our own defence and midfield playing the easiest 10 yard pass that's on, I've lost count how many times our defenders play balls into him expecting him to take it forward and he just passes it back to them, spins around and then makes a run forward as though he's contributed something meaningful.

He actually played a few forward passes (many intercepted) and had a couple of shots today but this was Malta remember, against better teams who press him he's going to be a dead weight as usual. I just don't see what he brings to the team? the defenders can play the ball forward without needing some sort of middle man getting in the way. Henderson was much more creative (even Hoddle admitted giving him MOTM) and is a far better midfielder period.

ITV were up his **** as usual, I wonder how much the FA sponsor them.

edit: I just came across this gem as well:
https://mobile.twitter.com/FoggyFerret/status/784798293104726016/video/1

It's like something out of a Norman Wisdom film.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Henderson completely showed him up. They were both playing essentially the same position with Henderson having more defensive responsibility, yet he still managed to offer 10 times more than Rooney going forward. He made the right choice probably 80-90% whereas Rooney chose the easiest choice 80-90% of the time.

Associate
**** as per usual.

Let's have it right, 2 goals against this lot is embarrassing. Scotland put 5 past them recently.

Makes me laugh, the commentator was talking about how goal difference takes precedence over head to head in the table, as though we were going to go on and pump them for 6/7.

While I don't want to defend England's performance. Wasn't Scotland 1-1 at half time with Malta, Malta went down to 9 men then Scotland scored 4 more.

Soldato
We played alright yesterday, quite well actually - albeit against a weak opposition.

Ali should have had a hat trick so it should have been 4-0 at least for me.

What a change Henderson has made over the past year and credit to him, he had HUGE shoes to fill taking over the captaincy at a time when most people were very critical of him.

He has quite a few attributes I like, he's a leader, composed on the ball but also knows when to just get it in the box - fantastic delivery for the most part too (we can't expect every cross to be whipped in perfectly and on a six pence) - he seems to have improved technically drastically too.

That England team will lose to Scotland and all hell will break loose.

Why would you say that? We were never in trouble and passed the ball relatively well. Yes, we should have scored a couple more but we did create the chances. Ali's finishing was poor and their keeper was decent.

For me, the poorest performance came from Walcott. He misses Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla. (understandably)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom