2019/20 Pre Season Thread

Don
OP
I'm not sure too much is up, it's pre-season. Our pre-season has been very fragmented though with lots of players returning late and the likes of Alisson, Firmino, Mane and Salah not even having returned. Throw in a couple of injuries to our other senior attack minded players and we've had a very unbalanced squad, often playing in makeshift formations because we don't have any forwards.

Soldato
Good win for Rangers against Derby earlier. Pretty competitive game. Good luck to Derby for the season, cracking fans up today. Hope Lampard can help them out with a loan or two.

Soldato
I'm not sure too much is up, it's pre-season. Our pre-season has been very fragmented though with lots of players returning late and the likes of Alisson, Firmino, Mane and Salah not even having returned. Throw in a couple of injuries to our other senior attack minded players and we've had a very unbalanced squad, often playing in makeshift formations because we don't have any forwards.

Which is why i find it absolutely wild how it appears we wont be signing any.

Caporegime
We will have 3 from tomorrow and then Mane back in another week tbf but yea, we could certainly do with another.
The problem you could have is those players having no preseason with the team. To beat City to the title, you’re gonna have to be on top of your game from the get go.

You can’t start the season needing two or three weeks to gel in and get going again. City are in a good position as their players, other than Aguero, have been together for the full preseason.

Soldato
One of the reasons I have stated we need another player to come in imo, I know we disagree on it but I feel we're making a big mistake not adding at least one quality attacker and another lb to replace moreno.

City game already seems like it's coming too early for them

Don
OP
Mark I really have no idea what we disagree on. I want us to sign an attacker too, I'm just aware that Klopp won't sign somebody for the sake of it.

Soldato
McTominay easily united best player tonight. Gonna be a big season for this lad.
Replaced by Fred who still looks absolute gash

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
There is no excuse as a player that must be on £200k+ a week not to keep in shape throughout the year. This is why I could never understand the Rooney apologists. Some people have different metabolic rates and physiques but for £200k/week I would be whatever shape you wanted me to be. Its complete BS to say that you cannot achieve a particular shape due to genetics until we are getting towards ridiculous bodybuilders. Diet and exercise sculpt bodies.

Don
OP
Other than Alisson still being drunk from the summer and giving away a pen, it's been the best 30 mins of our pre-season so far. Firmino, Salah, Keita & Shaq making their first appearances has really shown - we've been much sharper and fluid in our attacks. Defence is still all over the place but with 2 kids in their and Lallana as your defensive midfielder that's to be expected.

Don
OP
Harvey Elliott turned 16 in April. Got a feeling I'll be reminding myself of that a few more times - what a talent he looks, just needs a trip to the barbers. We could seriously do with a League Cup run this season because the likes of Elliott and Hoever deserve to be playing, they're both serious talents.

Much better performance overall and no real surprise given we had a few more senior players available. There'll be a few supporters calling for Wilson to be given a chance after his goal today but he's just another Andros Townsend imo - cracking strike from him though.

Soldato
Harvey Elliott turned 16 in April. Got a feeling I'll be reminding myself of that a few more times - what a talent he looks, just needs a trip to the barbers. We could seriously do with a League Cup run this season because the likes of Elliott and Hoever deserve to be playing, they're both serious talents.

Much better performance overall and no real surprise given we had a few more senior players available. There'll be a few supporters calling for Wilson to be given a chance after his goal today but he's just another Andros Townsend imo - cracking strike from him though.

A couple of injuries to those front lads and we'll need him. Unless hes sold to make funds for a player i dont see the point in selling him

Don
OP
A couple of injuries to those front lads and we'll need him. Unless hes sold to make funds for a player i dont see the point in selling him
Klopp won't pick him. I'd bet you see us playing a 4-2-3-1 a lot this coming season which makes it even more unlikely that Wilson would get near the side.

Back
Top Bottom