2019 NFL Season Thread

Soldato
OP
@AndyCr15 I am a big fan admittedly, the only reason he got two sacks was his movement. Watch some of the Chiefs O plays again and think it it was a static QB, heck even a Garrapolo with limited movement, he would have been hit easily 5+ times. This isn't hyperbolic, there are so many times he is sprinting away for a sack and getting a pass off (completion or no)

My point about the pass wasn't so much the pass (he did well to get it up there) more that the Niners D busted their coverages, Hill shouldn't have been able to get there if he was covered as he should have been.

I don't think he had his best game, but in the moment he came up big which he always seems to do, hence the comment of him being key.

Soldato
OP
I don't disagree the Niners lost it (rather than the chiefs won it, if that makes sense) that is the main factor, the gist of my point is there isn't a QB could have taken the slim opportunity that the Niners presented (I think they said the Chiefs win probability before the Hill completion was 3.4%)

Soldato
OP
Still playing with my American football team but racking up the injuries.

Got to get physio on my shoulder, got my fingers strapped after spraining them, strained groin, gashed open nose and plenty of other niggles off getting whacked and exercising a lot of muscles I haven't in years.

Still, enjoying every minute of it, ended up migrating to tight end and occasional receiver, love scrapping on the line!

Soldato
OP
Ha ha, cool. I played a little Tight End with the Farnham Knights. It was okay, but of all the positions I've played, I probably liked it the least if I'm honest.

I went down to the Herts Cheetahs on Sunday a week back, having not played with them (or anyone) for 9 or 10 years... I was rather annoyed, as back in my day we'd spend a good 20 minutes or more warming up. Last week, next to no warm up and I strained my quad almost straight away, so spent the practise at half speed. Had the physio girls give it a massage and it felt fine a couple of days later. I'll do my own warm up next time.

Spent the session at receiver, but I think the HC is keen for me to play some DB. We'll see I guess. At this point I don't know how good I can still be. Will I still have enough speed etc as having had to spend the session at half speed, I don't know at this point! Then it's a matter of if the knee and back hold out.

Found out my mum has all my old kit in her loft, so she's posting it all down tomorrow and I'll head to practise again on Sunday as I'm not working.

Maybe we need a separate Britball thread, although it might only be me and you in it @No1newts!?

Yeah buddy, cool with that.

I didn't think I would like TE but I've found I love smashing stuffing out each other on the line, I'm finding it immeasurably fun (and at times painful) blocking guys 4 stone or more heavier than me haha.

I prefer the short routes as well, I can play WR but enjoy being in the thick of it and being honest my catching of the ball on long range passing needs work so it all comes together pretty well.

Not wanting to put on weight so doing work on my core and upper body strength and most our plays if I'm blocking it will be a linebacker or blitzing DB and they are more my build.

I haven't go the injury history like you but I'm unpicking 15 years of being a lazy git so the fitness is coming a lot slower than I would want, it's the constant explosiveness of every play is a lot tougher than I remember 15 years ago! :p

Soldato
OP
I find it crazy that by Monday Brady could be heading to free agency, I'm half expecting a deal to be done somehow just because I can't imagine him a free agent.

Crazy stuff.

Soldato
OP
Hopkins to Cardinals?!?!?!

WTF are the Texans about? Put themselves win now position by giving away their first round picks then start giving away their players for low round picks?!?!?

Absolutely baffling but the Cards can now invest in O line and D and improve faster than they could have.

Soldato
OP
I thought the Bears would have went for Dalton. He's a good QB with a good team round him (which the Bengals rarely were) and I thought he would have done well with them.

I don't think Foles is much better than Trubisky.

Soldato
OP
I would like to see him end up on the Bills, similar player to Allen but more refined so could see him being a good back up with potential to step up.

On another note, does anyone here do their own mock drafts? I'm.obsessed with it, got a round one done and tempted to do round two as well.

Soldato
OP
I've just had notification my gamepass auto renews in 30 days and I must admit with the season looking a bit sketchy on go ahead now (I don't believe the positive spin they are putting on it) I'm really tempted to cancel and just resubscribe a week before it starts.

Anyone else having similar doubts?

Also, that Mahomes contract :eek:

Back
Top Bottom