2023 Track Day Thread

OcUK Staff
Speaking of being a tool.

I've booked Curborough for Monday 10th June. Haven't finalised plans for it... but I know there's always some keen from here so just please let me know :)

100% up for this, I return from Asia on the 8th, so should be recovered. Book me two places please:
Briony - Alpine A110S
Gibbo - 360 or R8

Thanks. :)

Couple of videos from my last track days I've done:

Soldato
Speaking of being a tool.

I've booked Curborough for Monday 10th June. Haven't finalised plans for it... but I know there's always some keen from here so just please let me know :)

I'd be up for that :)

Might bring the MX5 this time for a change of scenery... spend most of the day looking backwards...

Soldato
OP
My Audi TTCR seasons starts next weekend at Brands Hatch, we are on the TCR package this year so should be good! We have 40+ cars entered alone! I am running a team this year as well so will be four of us in total, me, my other car rented out and two owner drivers! Busy times ahead.

I haven't had any time to do any testing this year, I have done 1 multi class clubsport meeting at Silverstone international, in which I finished 3rd overall, 1st in class so a mega start to the season

Just got to bring some sponsorship in this year as it's costing me a fortune!

Hopefully do a few track days

Reactions: Dup
Caporegime
Bedford yesterday, had a really good day bar crossing myself up at the end of a 45 min session (too long but I was enjoying myself too much).

skip to the end if you want to see me go off.

Didn't get everything on the gopro as it either ran out of battery or overheated.

Last edited:
Soldato
I found Bedford a bit boring in my S2K. Too many straights for a lower power car. Brands Indy was good fun tho.

What tyres are you on? I’m thinking of getting cup 2s for my fd2 as I’d like to take it out to a track soon but it is my daily so need a good all around tyre.

Man of Honour
Doing a full on day at Silverstone (GP track) on Monday. I have rented a new M2 track prepped for me and 2 x colleagues to have some fun in and I will also run my GT R for some laps too. Not a cheap day out but looking forward to it and hoping we have some good weather, finally!!

OcUK Staff
I found Bedford a bit boring in my S2K. Too many straights for a lower power car. Brands Indy was good fun tho.

What tyres are you on? I’m thinking of getting cup 2s for my fd2 as I’d like to take it out to a track soon but it is my daily so need a good all around tyre.

Cup2 is a good tyre for Road/Track, but only road use in Summer months, they can really struggle to get heat into on cold wet Winter days, though less of an issue in a FWD car unless it has a real tendency for snap oversteer.

If just light track work then PS4S is a good all rounder but will start to get too hot/squirmy whereas Cup 2 will just keep gripping and working well. :)

Man of Honour
Once up to temp as you say the Cup's are superb, but they do need pressure management too. On the Ring my wheels get so hot, transfer from the carbon ceramics that the tyres get hot really quickly and the pressures go crazy, I mean 6-8psi up on some hot days so that needs dealing with. Threw all my wheel weights off last time, wheels you could not touch.

Caporegime

I quite enjoyed it, I’m running Cup 2s. I wouldn’t like to drive the car with temps less than 10 degrees as they do need heat.

Once up to temp as you say the Cup's are superb, but they do need pressure management too. On the Ring my wheels get so hot, transfer from the carbon ceramics that the tyres get hot really quickly and the pressures go crazy, I mean 6-8psi up on some hot days so that needs dealing with. Threw all my wheel weights off last time, wheels you could not touch.

I popped off centre caps on my rear wheels for the first time. I normally leave them off on the fronts only but yeah, I won’t be seeing those again.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Caporegime
Anyone doing Combe 10th May ? (Direct with Combe). I’m unSorning the M3 tomorrow ready to go.

Oh and slightly related. Podium place are hosting a Valkyrie event on Friday 3 may and Misha C will be there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom