• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti cards failing ?

Associate
Could be that some of the cards that are still failing could be part of the earlier batch of cards.

It'll be 4 months for my 2x 2080 Ti FE cards in a few days. Powered on 24/7 with a many hundreds of hours of use and their still great so far so there are plenty of great cards out there. Definitely the worst generation launch in a very long time though.

Associate
After a lot of back and forth I received two new 2080 TI's from nvidia today, both have the Samsung ram and are running cooler at a lower fan speed with a higher 3dmark score too. Now lets hope they don't blue screen :D

Associate
Hi guys

Is there any of these cards that are worse than others?

I normally go with gigabyte

Pulling the trigger on a1100 pound that doesn't work after a few weeks is worrying

Associate
Slightly off topic but after admitting their overpriced have Nvidia actually decided on reducing prices on this garbage yet?

Nvidia pulled a blinder. With the exception of the ridiculous prices rtx2080ti Nvidia have pretty much rebranded the gtx1060-gtx1080ti and charged same price for the same performance 2 years later. The only card which offers a true upgrade is the rtx2080ti which is ludicrously priced. Shocked how many people are still bending over for any of these cards right now.

Just when you hoped AMD may save us they also bringing out something too expensive but I suppose they have more justification with the cost to manufacture.

2 years with pretty much zero progress. Sooner the new consoles come out the better.

Associate
Slightly off topic but after admitting their overpriced have Nvidia actually decided on reducing prices on this garbage yet?

Nvidia pulled a blinder. With the exception of the ridiculous prices rtx2080ti Nvidia have pretty much rebranded the gtx1060-gtx1080ti and charged same price for the same performance 2 years later. The only card which offers a true upgrade is the rtx2080ti which is ludicrously priced. Shocked how many people are still bending over for any of these cards right now.

Just when you hoped AMD may save us they also bringing out something too expensive but I suppose they have more justification with the cost to manufacture.

2 years with pretty much zero progress. Sooner the new consoles come out the better.

Mining ruined the industry, in my opinion. Manufacturers still haven't gotten the message that it's over; prices went up because supply was low, but supply shouldn't be low any more, so what's the new excuse?

Associate
Hi guys

Is there any of these cards that are worse than others?

I normally go with gigabyte

Pulling the trigger on a1100 pound that doesn't work after a few weeks is worrying
Just stay away from the Auros 2080ti's the heatsink is way to thin (used the same one on the 2080 and the 2080ti. I think nearly everyone that brought the initial batch sent them back. Its a shame as my Aorus 1080ti is a beast.
I would fork out the extra and get the Strix OC model which is £1250 with the discount code at the moment. OCUK do all the RMA for Asus GPU's and will get you up and running with a replacement card within 4 days I think it was which is a huge bonus. (and the strix is an amazing card)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Shocked how many people are still bending over for any of these cards right now.

I moved from a 1080P TV and an RX480, to a 4K HDR TV, I didn’t have a lot of options if I wanted decent grunt for 4K.

I wouldn’t have done so if I’d already had a 1080Ti or similar but there weren’t really a whole lot of options and I didn’t fancy buying an EOL card. TBF, it’s an excellent card for what I wanted it for. Too expensive? Yep, definitely. Still has the most grunt this side of a Titan RTX though.

Soldato
It's a tough spot right now

More and more people are moving to big screens as the quality of TV's have dramatically improved and at least in my opinion the image quality on the latest TV's is significantly better than any gaming monitor I've seen.

But here in lies the issue - as of 2019, all high end TV's are native 4k panels, no one is making 1080p or 1440p.
As a owner of a 4k panel, you don't have much choice in terms of graphics cards - essentially you only get to pick between Radeon 7, 1080ti, 2080, 2080ti. All are very expensive cards

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Much as the 2080Ti is astronomically expensive, of the few friends I’ve got that have built new PC’s in the past few months, every single one of them has a 2080Ti.

Clearly they are still selling.

Associate
Much as the 2080Ti is astronomically expensive, of the few friends I’ve got that have built new PC’s in the past few months, every single one of them has a 2080Ti.

Clearly they are still selling.
They will do as they are the best. The remaining 1080ti's in stock are nearly as much

Soldato
My Gigabyte 2080ti Gaming OC arrived today as part of a (tested) prebuilt. Something must have happened during delivery, since when I turned the PC on, my monitor screen was covered in little purple/pink lines. I removed the card and all was well on the integrated graphics.

A new card is coming and the broken one is going back.

Man of Honour
My Gigabyte 2080ti Gaming OC arrived today as part of a (tested) prebuilt. Something must have happened during delivery, since when I turned the PC on, my monitor screen was covered in little purple/pink lines. I removed the card and all was well on the integrated graphics.

A new card is coming and the broken one is going back.

Doesn’t sound like it was tested very well.

Back
Top Bottom