• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080Ti Choice

Soldato
Hi,

Recommendations on which 2080ti?

Looking at:

MSI Duke
EVGA FTW3
Asus ROG Strix

Thanks in advance!

better longer warranties for a product that costs over £1000

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,310.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

4 yr warranty but fancy lighting!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a6-gi.html

Associate
OP
I like the look of the Gigabyte Aorus one, worried about noise though. The others i'd picked mainly due to the noise levels, it seems my G12 won't fit straight on so will probably leave the stock setup on and want it as quiet as possible.

Associate
OP
better longer warranties for a product that costs over £1000

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,310.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)

4 yr warranty but fancy lighting!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1a6-gi.html

I think i'll go with the 4 year Gigabye Aorus one, thanks mate.

Soldato
I think i'll go with the 4 year Gigabye Aorus one, thanks mate.

I’d go FTW3. Then if warranty is a concern just register the card and purchase a total of 10 years for something like €40.
Or 5 years for cheaper.

MSI is also good. Have heard good reviews about the duke and the gaming trio. Strix also is supposed to be good.

Pretty sure there was a £250 off voucher somewhere here for the strix so it was a total of £1250 something like that.

I wouldn’t go with the aorus personally. I’ve tried one before and they are just as loud if not louder than the FE.

Associate
OP
I’d go FTW3. Then if warranty is a concern just register the card and purchase a total of 10 years for something like €40.
Or 5 years for cheaper.

I wouldn’t go with the aorus personally. I’ve tried one before and they are just as loud if not louder than the FE. I think the wind force is pretty good not sure.

Hmm, I don't want a loud card that's for sure.... ugh decisions!

Soldato
Associate
OP
Got this installed and PC bluescreened twice when playing div 2. Going to test it more today what can I leave running, unigine heaven? Not looking good so far hopefully a driver issue. Noise levels are good however.

Associate
Superposition 4k bench mark soon showed the problems with mine out of interest division 2 would t play at 4k on mine at all which was one of my first warning signs

Associate
OP
Cleaned and did fresh driver install, it’s been running flat out for about an hour with no issues so far touch wood.

Card runs really quiet and even in silent mode it’s sat at 1900 core with acceptable temps etc.

Associate
OP
Ok so i'm getting a lot of crashes + bluescreens, have removed my overclock from cpu/mem and still seeing the same - PSU is decent and not very old.

Have posted in customer service to kick off an RMA I guess. :(

Soldato
Ok so i'm getting a lot of crashes + bluescreens, have removed my overclock from cpu/mem and still seeing the same - PSU is decent and not very old.

Have posted in customer service to kick off an RMA I guess. :(

which card did you get ?

hopefull within 14 days so straight swap . If past 14 days and asus then ocuk might do the Asus Gold partner RMA

(and just hope if doesn't fail in its 4th year)

Back
Top Bottom