21:9 Aspect Ratio PC Games info

Soldato
OP
I can't seem to get BF4 to work in 3440x1440. It just zooms in to one corner & I can't see a thing.

What am I doing ?

This is a screenie from my supposed 3440x1440 game...

Pq3cWDo.jpg

Thats actual size btw. The screenshot came out at 1280x720
It has native 21:9 support you need to look at your GPU settings see what GPU scaling is set to.

In the BF4 options menu what is aspect ratio set to?

What GPU do you have how much VRam does it have?

Associate
I remember someone having similar problems, he fixed it by editing the configurations.ini file and forcing it to 3440x1440 or something like that, I cant remember who and where that thread is sorry.

Associate
It has native 21:9 support you need to look at your GPU settings see what GPU scaling is set to.

In the BF4 options menu what is aspect ratio set to?

What GPU do you have how much VRam does it have?

Tried all the scaling options on my monitor & in the nVidia control panel. Nothing made any difference :(

Can't see an option for aspect ratio in the menus.

Running 2 Titans, so 6GB :confused:

This is what I'm running at in game

OfU38xa.jpg

I remember someone having similar problems, he fixed it by editing the configurations.ini file and forcing it to 3440x1440 or something like that, I cant remember who and where that thread is sorry.

I think I may have to delve into the inis myself by the look of it...

Soldato
OP
Tried all the scaling options on my monitor & in the nVidia control panel. Nothing made any difference :(

Can't see an option for aspect ratio in the menus.

Running 2 Titans, so 6GB :confused:

This is what I'm running at in game

I think I may have to delve into the inis myself by the look of it...
Must be something minor I only have 2560x1080 21:9 BF4 worked fine for me natively. Lots of people play @ 3440x1440 21:9.

I presume your using a decent DisplayPort Cable as that appears to be the only way to play certain games because of the extra bandwidth vs HDMI?

You sure your Nvidia Control Panel settings are for:
Scaling Mode=No Scaling
Perform Scaling on GPU

There is also an override option in there to force it might be worth trying that.

Soldato
Must be something minor I only have 2560x1080 21:9 BF4 worked fine for me natively. Lots of people play @ 3440x1440 21:9.

I presume your using a decent DisplayPort Cable as that appears to be the only way to play certain games because of the extra bandwidth vs HDMI?

You sure your Nvidia Control Panel settings are for:
Scaling Mode=No Scaling
Perform Scaling on GPU

There is also an override option in there to force it might be worth trying that.

Yes DP is better for these.

Last edited:
Associate
Using the DP cable that came with the monitor. All other games are working fine (including BF3).

Do you think its worth doing a fresh install considering Origin backs up everything? I tried deleting the profile ini to start afresh but Origin just replaced it as soon as I loaded the game up...

Caporegime
Any idea what is wrong with the flawless widescreen app AND website?

Been down for a few days now and the software doesn't seem to be checking for updates.... Really hope the guy hasn't pulled the plug??? :(

Caporegime
Oh dear, the site is completely down now, "can't find this URL", looks like the guy has quit.

Thread on steam community about it too, people are saying that he seemed to be getting pretty angry with people "demanding" and plus supposedly annoyed that he didn't get more donations for fixing the evil within game???

*sigh*

Don't know what is wrong with all these "modders", they seem to have some serious attitude problems.......

Associate
Oh dear, the site is completely down now, "can't find this URL", looks like the guy has quit.

Thread on steam community about it too, people are saying that he seemed to be getting pretty angry with people "demanding" and plus supposedly annoyed that he didn't get more donations for fixing the evil within game???

*sigh*

Don't know what is wrong with all these "modders", they seem to have some serious attitude problems.......
Seems that the creator of Flawless Widescreen was having hardware and site issues and it will be back up soon. Having said that it made me realise that I should donate some money to the programmer as it really is a damn handy tool and I use it a lot.

Caporegime
Link to where that has been said?

Hopefully it is just issues with the hardware/site as I would hate to lose the software. Haven't used it for many games (although if I owned a 21.9 monitor a year or two ago, the list would have been massive probably......) but no doubt we will have a lot of lazy/crap developers in the future that won't give us proper 21.9 support.

Soldato
OP
Lego Batman 3 - ingame 21:9 support works. But main title cutscene is broken with forced 16:9 aspect ratio which is also vert - when using 21:9 (the other Lego games had perfect 21:9 support :( ). Ingame engine cutscenes are correct @ 21:9 though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Never Alone (videos support 21:9 ingame is 16:9 pillowboxed. I emailed the devs to see if they can fix it as this game engine supports 21:9!)

Associate
Apparently 21:9 is natively supported in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
Far Cry 4 doesn't support 21:9 yet but hopefully a fix is incoming as the Flawless Widescreen site is back up!

Back
Top Bottom