21:9 Aspect Ratio PC Games info

Soldato
I've been looking into getting a 21:9 monitor, but being used to 16:10 I think i'd better go for one that's 3440x1440, especially as it will be used for more than just movies and games. Wallet be destroyed.

Can anyone comment on what racing games (not Need for Speed :p) they have played using this ratio and how they found it? :)

Soldato
How come 21.9 displays dont have inbuilt scalers to just scale to this aspect ratio

I think they all do but if you take 16:9 content and 'stretch' it to fit then you'll distort the image and ruin the quality. If you don't have native 21:9 content/support then it's probably preferable to have vertical black bars either side of the display and simply run it at native 16:9.

Soldato
OP
How come 21.9 displays dont have inbuilt scalers to just scale to this aspect ratio
They do as do modern GPU's you can scale any aspect ratio to fit any monitor made but the results are not great unless the game is built for 21:9 you are better off with a 16:9 image with black bars left & right.

Soldato
OP
Resident Evil HD Remaster - Forced 16:9 @ 1920x1080 support only although you can edit the file below to support 2560x1080 or 3440x1440 it will only display the 16:9 image due to the pre-rendered backgrounds.

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CAPCOM\Resident Evil - biohazard@HD REMASTER

Soldato
It does^^

Thanks again, do appreciate your reply although not sure if you using nVidia card or AMD but for me with AMD I always played Beyond Earth with Mantle on and that wouldn't work in 21:9 but using DX11 it did work. I had to ALT + TAB out of game though at the start since it seems to hang itself just before the start menu but after that it worked fine. :) .. Ohh also had to do a small change in the GraphicsSettings.ini since first time around it was black borders around it but changing WindowResX and WindowResY to 2560 and 1080 sorted that out. :)

Out of curiosity, did you, or anyone else playing Beyond Earth in 21:9, have to do that as well ?

Edit: Had a quick check with Sniper Elite V2 and that works as well fine at 21:9 incase anyone wondering (since not mentioned in the first post. :) )

Last edited:
Associate
Ive played Beyond Earth with both Nvidia and AMD GPUs and I didnt have to change anything in the settings.ini. All I did was change the resolution in the in-game options menu, did not have to faff about with anything else.

Were you playing in full screen?

Soldato
Ive played Beyond Earth with both Nvidia and AMD GPUs and I didnt have to change anything in the settings.ini. All I did was change the resolution in the in-game options menu, did not have to faff about with anything else.

Were you playing in full screen?

Yes, in full screen, I running crossfire so don't play in windowed mode. I will reset the ini file and try again, see if it works better, never know. =)

Edit: Nope, still hang itself on the loading screen before the menu. But works after editing the ini file and then just need to do a ALT + TAB out of game to get the menu and then all good. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi skarpinis, in the first post so is there a link to a website, flawlesswidescreen, and if you go there and download the application it will sort out Diablo III for you. According to what says on the flawlesswidescreen site, that game is supported.

Soldato
ive been trying to get widescreen fixer to work with single player call of duty advanced warfare without success, anyone know what settings i should be using ingame and fixer

Back
Top Bottom