21:9 monitors has anyone got one

Soldato
OP
My korean monitor was out of stock so ive bought the AOC monitor instead, i take it dual link dvi has the bandwidth to overclock it a bit?

Soldato
OP
It just turned up, how do i disable the input not supported, im sure i saw it posted somewhere here.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
you can modify the edid, you can extract the edid and modify it, though i dont think there is a way to reflash the edid to the monitor but you can convert the edid to a monitor.inf file that you install in windows and it overrides the edid ;)

Anychance you can help with that i tried extracting it before but the program said it was an invalid edid :/

Soldato
OP
give me a email address and i will email you the edid.bin ;)
edit ok there is a easier way, download custom resolution util ... click on your monitor as active monitor and then click on the pulldown and select EXPORT, then select datfile.dat, name the file and save ;) then you can open it will EDID manager and edit it ;)
once you have your monitor inf file you can also go and grab the latest monitor driver from AOC as it comes with a preoptimized color.icm file look at the driver inf file and add the strings to yours from the official inf driver so that you can add the optimized color profile and then once done install your driver and it will install the optimized color profile to :D

Actually come to think of it i dont even think a lot of people know about the better colors you can get from downloading that optimized color .icm file ;)

Cool thanks

Soldato
OP
got 120fps working guys ;)
though you still have to enable product mode to get rid of the input not support mesage ;)
but the monitor is fully capable (even if there is frame skipping i cant see it in movies and games and on desktop :D

0tbw.png

I thought modding the driver/edid would get rid of that message?

Soldato
OP
I wish there was a list of 21:9 screens somewhere with overclockability @ native res.

I wouldnt buy one for 60hz as I got a 60hz 32" screen but at 100fps id go for it.

Edit: This screen goes up to 72hz but it introduces frame skipping at 61hz and up so you really cant.

Depends on the cable to get frame skipping and 61hz?

Soldato
OP
I am considering a 21:9 as my next monitor but after a lot of googling I'm still not sure if counter strike source will resize to 21:9, as this is the main game I play I wonder if anyone has tried it or can confirm it works ?

It works fine for me in 21:9 looks great

Back
Top Bottom