***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Soldato
Hello all, thought I would ask in here being a UW thread.

I'm looking to get my first UW monitor for gaming, want 3440x1440 and preferably IPS as I currently use a LG 27GL750b.

I see most monitors are VA, are these still worth considering? I have up to £750 for a monitor and that is the absolute MAX
I play mostly Apex and FPS single player games with the occasional RTS.
I see I can currently get the LG 34GN850 for £750, any others to look at?

Thanks

Soldato
Hello all, thought I would ask in here being a UW thread.

I'm looking to get my first UW monitor for gaming, want 3440x1440 and preferably IPS as I currently use a LG 27GL750b.

I see most monitors are VA, are these still worth considering? I have up to £750 for a monitor and that is the absolute MAX
I play mostly Apex and FPS single player games with the occasional RTS.
I see I can currently get the LG 34GN850 for £750, any others to look at?

Thanks

If you want high refresh/fast response then IPS is going to be better - with VA you can get some smearing in fast movement. The trade-offs being reduced contrast and IPS glow.

£750 will get you a nice 34" IPS - that LG seems to be one of the best options around that budget.

Take a look here for a review and easy comparison with the other options: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/34gn850-b

Soldato
If you want high refresh/fast response then IPS is going to be better - with VA you can get some smearing in fast movement. The trade-offs being reduced contrast and IPS glow.

£750 will get you a nice 34" IPS - that LG seems to be one of the best options around that budget.

Take a look here for a review and easy comparison with the other options: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/34gn850-b
That's the number one on my list at the moment, especially being LG and nanoIPS like my current monitor.

Back
Top Bottom