233s many mile Mondeo

Soldato
Subbed.

How do you find the comfort in this?

Every new Ford I've sat in just doesn't feel comfy to me, though I think I'm getting too used to race-bucket styled seats.

Soldato
OP
What's the warranty on these things? 60k / 3 years still?
Won't you be out of that by the end of the year?

Lucky to get 8 months :D

Subbed.

How do you find the comfort in this?

Every new Ford I've sat in just doesn't feel comfy to me, though I think I'm getting too used to race-bucket styled seats.

Comfy enough managed 940 miles with 2 stops last week quite happily so not too bad

Soldato
Do you record your trips? My Dad does Chauffeur work, not as many miles as you, but his Garmin records everywhere he goes which can then be transferred to his PC, makes for quite an interesting map :D

Soldato
I have recently acquired a Mondeo, 1.6TDCi Eco TitX, got to say even though many ppl will find it boring I love it, It's so comfortable and easy to drive on the motorway, I will be doing on a normal week 300mile on a friday, 300mile on a sunday, just like I have for 4 year already in a peugeot 207, so quite the difference in comfort I can say that for sure :)

Read a lot about the reported MPG, however I am getting 64.4 on the motorway at the minute after 2 journeys and a good 850mile per tank it says so far. Seems pretty decent to me considering other people were saying they got less than 50 MPG in the same engine.

Maybe I am just too cautious of a driver :)

Soldato
OP
How are you finding the ground clearance? I've driven one of these recently and it seems to be really shallow when going over speedbumps. Also the full beams are laughable.

Not had any issues so far and personally I find the main beam really good although I've got the halogen projectors rather than LED headlights

Do you record your trips? My Dad does Chauffeur work, not as many miles as you, but his Garmin records everywhere he goes which can then be transferred to his PC, makes for quite an interesting map :D

Would be as well as just marking the entire uk lol

Btw 8000 miles

Associate
I'm doing about 1000 miles a week at the moment and I thought that was a lot!

Out of curiosity if you're on the return journey from somewhere on your lonesome, do you pick routes you prefer to drive on e.g. nice country road etc... or do you go for the quickest option home? If there is a set of particular routes you choose, which and where are they?

Soldato
OP
Normally if it's a long haul it's home by the quickest means

Just really whatever takes my fancy

I'll try and post up some of my favourites later on

Soldato
Fuel would be a killer for me as I only get reimbursed at 10ppm at the moment and in my old Passat I'm currently sat at 9.8ppm from my fuelly log. Got to swap it for a Focus 2.0 TDCi next week so I hope I don't see that go over the 10ppm mark.

I can understand your point RE: autos but if I ever get to pick a company car (on hand me down number 3 :rolleyes: ) auto will be the number 1 priority.

Soldato
OP
Hope you have a dashcam with that amount of mileage, must see some interesting stuff?

that I do :)

thankfully I had a change of undergarments as I was like a teenager looking at his first grot mag. excited doesn't quite cover it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom