23rd-24th Premiership Spoilers

Soldato
I dont want Rossi to play. What is the point in giving experience to a player who is just going back to Man U? Would rather give one of our own youngsters a chance.

Because he will win you games given the chance. In that little 10 minute spell he did more than Martins did all game. Everytime Martins got the ball he wanted a good half hour to decide what to do with it.

Cracking game of football though, not often I watch either of these teams unless its against United but it was an entertaining match ;)

Soldato
Three things I picked up from this match;

Better performace, we were actually playing football which is more than can be said for wednesday nights effort.

Bramble has to go, that was his last of many last chances.

Emre can't cross for **** 8 corners or so? how many free kicks? The only one that found a black and white shirt the players were offside!

Panzer

Permabanned
Ripper^ said:
Because he will win you games given the chance. In that little 10 minute spell he did more than Martins did all game. Everytime Martins got the ball he wanted a good half hour to decide what to do with it.

C

I'm not disputing the fact that he's got potential, and I agree he looked good when he came on. He may win us games, but where will he be in January? I would rather give one of our youth players a chance.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
Panzerbjorn said:
Emre can't cross for **** 8 corners or so? how many free kicks? The only one that found a black and white shirt the players were offside!

Panzer

Agree with everything except that. I think he was hitting the right places, he can't pick out individual heads. But Lescott and their other defenders did very well against the set pieces. I think we miss Shearer a lot in these positions. There's more than just height to be able to score headers from set pieces, Shearer had the extra.

Soldato
Well out of those 7 or 8 corners, two went back out of play before they reached the area and at least another two didn't make it past the first defender. I wouldn't call that particularly good crossing from a Premiership player.

Although the defence did do very well when they actually made it in to the danger zone.

Panzer

Associate
How did Martins get such high ratings in Italy, god he is awful, talk about wanting an extra touch the guy seems lost... I'm not a newcastle fan but I was getting wound up with his wasteful play

Soldato
Scientific said:
How did Martins get such high ratings in Italy, god he is awful, talk about wanting an extra touch the guy seems lost... I'm not a newcastle fan but I was getting wound up with his wasteful play

He'll come good i think. He tore us a new one in the champs league a couple of years back :D. Like with most continentals they need a season to bed fully in but he has cracking pace so he has a good head start.

Soldato
Scientific said:

You obviously hadn’t seen him play for Inter then. Nice logic you got there, two games and he's awful?

Always rated the young kid, and the only reason he had to leave Inter was there was really no space for him. I'd have loved him to stay but he would be wasted on the bench so glad he's able to get out there and show us what he is capable of.
Give him time to settle and he will come good, his lightning pace will be good for the side, reminiscent of Bellamy, just what the toon need.

Soldato
Saviola on for Barca, almost scored too! :cool:

edit: finishes 1-1 in the end. fairly good game. Valencia and Barca looking like the only ones to contend for the title this season i think. David Villa is looking awesome.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah only saw him really play against Arsenal which I agree he tore them apart, I just meant he looks awful now.

And my arguments for Jenas possibly being one of the worst prem players is yet again backed up by Saturdays performance... God when will Jol just drop him and give someone else a chance.

Man of Honour
For some reason Jol doesn't seem to like Murphy who I reckon has developed into a great player - at the start of last season for Charlton he was one of the best players I saw, with amazing vision and passing coupled with a couple of top goals. Even Sean Davis who was sold to Pompey is a better centremid than Jenas.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Newcastle still need to strengthen in defence, as they have for donkey's years. Bramble is a liability, and now Boumsong has gone he no longer has someone making him look merely rubbish in comparison instead of utter ****.

He can't tackle.
His heading leaves a bit to be desired.
He has no positional sense.
He doesn't communicate.
He instills fear in his teammates and supporters rather than the opposition.
He is prone to panic at times.

The only thing he has going for him is his physique and a reasonable passing ability. But as a centrehalf he would struggle to get into some Championship sides.

Soldato
Martins wasted some good chances yesterday and was unlucky when he tried to dink one over tim howard in the second half and some through balls to him were overhit which is probably the best way to play martins in but he will need time to adjust to the premier league which i would imagine is a lot different to serie a in italy and as a newcastle fan i believe he will be a good signing but he wont be the next shearer .

Soldato
I almost had like 10 heart attacks in the last 15 mins at the Newcastle game yesterday, it was much more exciting than the Fulham game.

Bramble made a few important tackles/interceptions, he's a very dedicated player sometimes, it's just he lacks confidence - which is when he is really awful.

Last edited:
Soldato
An amusing bit from Soccernets Team of the Week:

Titus Bramble was at the heart of everything Everton did well in the 1-1 draw with Newcastle. The Magpies defender let his man go on multiple occasions, failed to make key tackles, could have concede a penalty, stood and watched as Tim Cahill headed Everton's goal at the back post and then got sent-off......this is Team Of The Weak isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom