2407WFP-HC

Soldato
Heres that info on the Acer:

Acer AL2416WB 24" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1920x1200 1000:1 400cd/m2 5ms Silver/Black 3 Years Warranty

£240.83 inc VAT

Market leading Price on this Acer 24"TFT....

Features

Resolution: 1920x1200
Contrast: 1000:1
Brightness: 400cd/m2
Response: 5ms
Colours: 16.7M (8 color bit) - (92%NTSC colour situation)
VGA
Viewing Angle: 160°/160°
Pixel Pitch: 0.270mm
Display Size: 547x352mm
Silver
Vista Compatible
Power

Internal Power Supply
Power: 90W
Power Off: 1W
Stanby: 2W
Dimensions/Wallmount

Dimenesions: 577x457x219mm
Weight: 9.1KG
Vesa: 100 x 100 mm Wall Mountable

Product Description Acer AL2416WB - flat panel display - TFT - 24"
Device Type Flat panel display / TFT active matrix
Colour Black, silver
Diagonal Size 24" - widescreen
Max Resolution 1920 x 1200
Response Time 5 ms
Image Brightness 400 cd/m2
Image Contrast Ratio 1000:1
Signal Input VGA
Compliant Standards TCO '03

Now Only £249.99 inc Vat... the Cheapest 24" TFT on the Web..

Stock in Today....

dare I say it was considering it over the new 24inch Dell, just to save a pretty penny but naah id think id regret that plan ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
they are both AL2416W, however, there's the AL2416W and AL2416Ws which are both S-PVA based. Then there's the newer AL2416WB which is TN Film based. Confusing naming schemes for sure. The spec posted above was the B model, which is TN Film (evident from the 5ms response time, and smaller viewing angles)

Permabanned
Do remember that the dell *usually* comes with a zero dead pixel guarrante which means a lot to me and it certainly adds "something" to the price.

Just got me a 2407WFP-HC for £390 + 20 p&p. You reckon i made a good deal?

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Cheekykid is that EX VAT OR INC VAT?
and where does it say on dell's website that it guarantee's zero dead pixels?

I have one stuck pixel on my 2407WFP i called dell and now i am getting a replacement monitor in 10-14 days.
Just make sure you call them ASAP, I wasnt able to return it just for the stuck pixel but when i mentioned the distance selling regulations (thank you to who ever told me about that, sorry i forgot you name) he said he would send out a replacement.
Be warned, the next day business deal means you get a refurb, but you can ask for a new one, you just have to wait longer like i am, he said its normally less than 10-14 but there is an shortage of LCD monitors (possible reason for the price increase?)

Soldato
I have one stuck pixel on my 2407WFP i called dell and now i am getting a replacement monitor in 10-14 days.
Just make sure you call them ASAP, I wasnt able to return it just for the stuck pixel but when i mentioned the distance selling regulations (thank you to who ever told me about that, sorry i forgot you name) he said he would send out a replacement.
Be warned, the next day business deal means you get a refurb, but you can ask for a new one, you just have to wait longer like i am, he said its normally less than 10-14 but there is an shortage of LCD monitors (possible reason for the price increase?)

I wonder how bad refurbs are cos I got one within 2-3 days with my viewsonic and the refurb turned out better then the original.... less backlight bleeding/almost more fine tuned and sharper and no dead pixels was chuffed... perhaps a light scratch on 2 on the back...

I think in regards to the Dell dead pixel warranty, I think as ive also learned its done thru the retailer not thru dell direct (could be wrong) but another chap selling them said cos he spends upto 4 mill per year with dell there business account gives them a zero dead pixel warranty.

So just likes Mr bunny and It guy they gotta perhaps do it thru there own Dell business account.

Associate
Despite all the expense and wondeful stuff you put into your machine, ultimately it's the monitor that is the window on all this stuff. With that in mind, trying to economise on this item is mega false economy imho. If the Acer is £250 and the DELL £400ish, then an extra 150 quid here is a great investment for this superb monitor.

I am running a Siemens/Fujitsu 19inch LCD at th moment and in my view it's got to be the DELL. However, I am going to wait a little until before Christmas before taking the plunge sinc I reckon they might drift down to £350 or so.

My 2c.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom