£25 a week extra on my state pension

There is no way the state pension can keep increasing at the rate it has, let alone with more people claiming.

the age will keep going up until pretty much no one gets it.

or the pension system collapses

well if you make it to pension age, watching and hearing people struggling yes i know even more so around the world.

the whole government no matter who is in they are sound with multi homes and things paid for while the rest suffer.

Why? They’ll still get full state pension
what is that like 221 a week? and Taxes will have a lot of it back in the govs coffers anyway, same with benefits, I bet the majority ends up back in the treasury anyway

Pretty much the only way it doesn't is if its one of those global companies who pays bugger all tax ending up with it, or when one of those US/Canadian pension funds hoovers it up

The only money that doesn't end u p back in the treasury after its circle of life is when it leaves the country? it's just how long it takes for that money to get taxed back into the treasury?

Last edited:
Woohoo, from next month I'll be getting £221.20 a week State Pension.
You don't have a private one?
I always thought you could claima state pension no matter what because you paid in.

But my parents claim they never recieved any benefits ever in their life as they both always worked.
and they can't claim anything from the state because they have their own pensions already?

My parents aren't even well off so I always thought it was weird, but rich people in power couples can get benefits for childcare etc :S

Last edited:
Riot about paying for a gen of people that didn't save enough to cover themselves while expecting others to cover for them.

So not the governments fault for raiding the actual pension fund up the wall resulting in current working generations having to pay for the current state pension payments? :confused:

I note you left the first part out - Do you have some evidence showing that younger people won't get a state pension or is this another one of your many opinions you pass off as fact?

Do you finish working then, or are you staying on?

I only do two days anyway, one WfH and the other in the office and I quite enjoy it.
My bosses don't want me to go and love me so it's an easy decision to stay for the foreseeable.
This last week I've also rocketed up two bands and I'm getting back pay to last June.
It also gives my wife an extra £221 a week to spend on holidays, I've asked if I can have the first four weeks for a PRS Guitar and she says "If that's what you want" :)

Last edited:
You don't have a private one?
I always thought you could claima state pension no matter what because you paid in.

I have my Creda/Hotpoint Pension which I already take and I have an NHS Pension which I've got to fill the forms in by my side.

You get full State Pension at retirement age (me 66) if you have paid 35 years 'Stamp'.
The con is I paid my full stamp at age 53 but you still have to pay until you retire.

I have my Creda/Hotpoint Pension which I already take and I have an NHS Pension which I've got to fill the forms in by my side.

You get full State Pension at retirement age (me 66) if you have paid 35 years 'Stamp'.
The con is I paid my full stamp at age 53 but you still have to pay until you retire.

Likewise I had 47 years stamp.

Back
Top Bottom