£2500 big(ish) bike

Soldato
Have fun with the forks, the lower legs are slightly tapered so it's impossible to get them covered properly, as anyone who gets close to mine will be able to tell :D

Be careful with overlapping the bike tape too, it's great stuff but if water gets down there then the dirt will get trapped and show up, so use it rather sparingly.

Man of Honour
i going to buy the yt wicked tonight, they aren't available until week 17 which is the 23 of april + upto 12 days for delivery= :mad: it's not getting here before may.
i'm going to buy some biketape what size will i need to cover the whole bike?

Awesome, it will be well worth the wait! Just in time for the Glentress meet :D

Associate
OP
Awesome, it will be well worth the wait! Just in time for the Glentress meet :D

yeah, it's just a shame i can't come and it's to far to travel on the train plus i wouldn't know where to start. i hate living in the south but i love my job so there is no chance i'll be moving up' north anytime soon.
actually my sister lives in girvan i might be able convince my dad to go visit my sister and i'll be able to hitch a lift.
i'll get back to you if i can come.

Associate
OP
just put the order in.
weescott when you bought your yt how did you make the payment, it say make payment to the account below and gives me this info:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I did an international money transfer through my bank (HBOS). I cost me £14 to do so IIRC.

got it sorted, yay bike is ordered.
not happy with halifax online system took me ages to set up and now i have made the payment but there is no record on the account , hopefully it'll go through ok.

Soldato
yeah, it's just a shame i can't come and it's to far to travel on the train plus i wouldn't know where to start. i hate living in the south but i love my job so there is no chance i'll be moving up' north anytime soon.
actually my sister lives in girvan i might be able convince my dad to go visit my sister and i'll be able to hitch a lift.
i'll get back to you if i can come.

if you get to Girvan - I'll pick you up on the saturday and take you there no problems!

enjoy the bike - looks superb

Associate
OP
if you get to Girvan - I'll pick you up on the saturday and take you there no problems!

enjoy the bike - looks superb

that'll be great, where abouts are you coming from?
i don't want you going to far out your way, as my dad could drop me off a glentress, he's easy going so i'm sure he won't mind.

Soldato
that'll be great, where abouts are you coming from?
i don't want you going to far out your way, as my dad could drop me off a glentress, he's easy going so i'm sure he won't mind.

I stay in Prestwick so even if you jumped on the train at Girvan to Ayr (about 20 mins) we could go from there.

Otherwise (it's no great hassle but a fairly early start) - i would get to Girvan and then basically have to double back to ayr and go from there as the fastest route is up towards Glasgow.

We can sort it nearer the time if needed.

Associate
OP
The more I look at this bleeding YT bike, the more I want it.
The Geo is just so spot on for me, the mahoooosive wheelbase and TT is just perfect.

i can't wait till mine comes, the geo is pretty much same as my 140mm bike except the HTA 66.5 v 68 1.5 degrees difference and there's a few cm difference on the wheelbase.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom