£2500 big(ish) bike

Soldato
I'm not sure that's the kind of 'fork juice' he was looking for! :eek:

20120430-n1hbk71tia7bb4cxuuq2mgp4iw.png

Associate
OP
the bike is here, i've got a problem though. the reverb hose has come away from the lever and liquid from the lever has come out, how do i go about fixing this?
i'll gets some pics up as soon as possible.

Soldato
the bike is here, i've got a problem though. the reverb hose has come away from the lever and liquid from the lever has come out, how do i go about fixing this?

email the supplier - they are likely (as canyon do) to tell you to get it fixed at local bike shop and they will then refund you the money.

Shame.

Soldato

**** easy to fix.
There's plenty of youtube videos showing you how to do replace the Reverb hose/bleeding it etc. If there's no damage you could just put it back in, but you'll need to bleed it.

SHOW US THE BIKE

Associate
OP
**** easy to fix.
There's plenty of youtube videos showing you how to do replace the Reverb hose/bleeding it etc. If there's no damage you could just put it back in, but you'll need to bleed it.

SHOW US THE BIKE

looking at it i believe the little metal thing has snapped

Associate
OP
i finally got my bike up and running, reverb fixed and bike taped upped put some air in the shock only to find when as i disconnect the pump it losses air, i think it's the pump it's a lezyne something or other, what shock pump disconnects before unscrewing?

Associate
OP
I missed the bump when you posted pics - the bike looks incredible!

All shock pumps should create a seal when you unscrew them, I would try a different one if you can.

The pump works fine on my other bikes, i think vipr has a slighty longer pin in the schrader valve so when i unscrew the pump the seal is broken but because the pin is longer it's still pressed in.
Thats the only explanation i can come up with.
I've ordered a topeak dxg pump hopefully that'll sort it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thought i'd give an update and a few quick snaps.
FILE0002.jpg

FILE0001.jpg

FILE0004.jpg

FILE0003.jpg

I have bike taped the frame and forks to help stop cable rub etc. what a pain in the rear end, it took ages to get it on properly but finally got there.
The geometry is spot on for me it's pretty much the same as my 140mm.
The frame is good the rear is nice and stiff and has a 12mm thru axle which can only help.
I put the recommended amount of air in the fork and shock and the sag spot on which is nice, the fork and shock are so smooth,they help the bike just float over roots and rocks, i'm so impressed that said i haven't used it to it's full potential, i'm taking it to a downhill course next month so it should get a good test there, also unbelievably it climbs better then my 140mm bike and seems to accelerate really well, cornering is good but i guess that's down to the tyres and suspension setup .
The saddle is simply terrible it has no padding.
Tyres are brilliant not to much rolling resistance but grippy as hell.
The gear shifters remind why i hated sram the up and down have to be push the same way and they are too close to each other making it difficult to shift some times, the gear changes are very quick but clunky like hulk hogan is throwing the chain onto the next cog.
The brakes are superb i now can one finger brake with enough confidence .
I didn't really use the reverb, i forgot it was there only used it at the end of the ride but from what i can tell it is a really useful bit of kit.
Any questions i'll try to answer them.

Soldato
Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike :) I use sram too and ironically have found that the 10speed x9 stuff on my FS bike doesn't shift half as nicely as the 9speed x0 stuff on my hardtail, the 9 speed has a reassuring 'clunk' when you shift whereas the 10speed feels a bit weaker especially when downshifting.

Back
Top Bottom