• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2700 or wait ?

Associate
I've noticed you can get these for 160 pounds on the ** No competitor hinting ** website I was waiting fot Zen 3 but this seems really good deal and with overckockers cheap ram maybe the time to upgrade what you think people ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I've noticed you can get these for 160 pounds on the website I was waiting fot Zen 3 but this seems really good deal and with overckockers cheap ram maybe the time to upgrade what you think people ?
If you're not in a rush, wait until zen 3 comes along. When it comes out, the 2s should drop in price, or at least have more sales like that regardless.
It's Zen 2 that's to be released in early July (hopefully). The Zen 3 Ryzen 4000 (7nm+ node) release in 2020...

We've had original Ryzen (Ryzen 1000), then the Zen+ (Ryzen 2000) and 'hopefully' early July the release of Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000). AMD, admittedly, have made the numbering a little confusing. Zen 3 release in 2020...

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I don’t think even post Zen 2 you’ll be getting 8 cores for less.
Zen2 certainly won't be cheaper, until year later when getting replaced.
Though that low pricing for old 8 core hints toward 8c/16t Zen2 settling around £200.
There simply wouldn't be need for that low pricing if 8c/16t Zen2s were to be near £300 price level.
And per core/thread performance might get quite good jump considering CES demo with Zen2 engineering sample matching 9900K's processing power at ~50W lower system power consumption.
There's clear difference between 2700X and 9900K in Cinebench.

Caporegime
more will come on the market also you only have to look at everything pc at moment dropping in price. ssds are nothing now. memory dropped by half in last year. its a great time for cheap good pc.

Associate
I've noticed you can get these for 160 pounds on the rain forest website I was waiting fot Zen 3 but this seems really good deal and with overckockers cheap ram maybe the time to upgrade what you think people ?

Got mine open box for about same price over a year ago. I've seen others hit 4.2. Pair it with MSI Pro Carbon B450 if you decide to get it.

https://i.imgur.com/QMHj2NC.png

Soldato
unless you need it right now I would wait. I've got a 1700 and waiting for the 7nm stuff to come out.

Probably because the move from a 1700 to a 2700 would get you bugger all other than a hole in your bank account. Zen 2 (aka the 3xxx series) will kill demand for the 2xxx series, we will see a sell off prior to launch, just as we did with the 1xxx series when the 2xxx launched. At that point most people would have jumped at a £160 8c/16t CPU, heck that's roughly half what I paid at launch and that was apparently cost. The 3xxx series will move things forward, but it's a refinement to existing tech, not a massive leap, we also aren't likely to see AMD chucking 3xxx series 8c/16t CPU's out the door for less than £160 any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom