• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT or 640GTS?

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Your forgetting though, it only beats the GTS and comes close to the GTX, and beats it in some with no AA, if you want to buy a card that you can't use AA on then get the 2900, but when you buy a top end card like the GTS/GTX/2900 you expect to be able to use AA.

What on earth?, you can use AA just fine with the 2900, it also beats the GTS and is normally on par with AA enabled. :confused:

Soldato
It's lacking in some titles but nothing that major, certainly wouldnt go as far to say its totall broken :confused:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/503/11/

Marvel Alliance

mua_2.gif

Tomb Raider Legends

trl_2.gif

F.E.A.R

fear_3.gif

Need I go on Loadsa, youv'e been here long enough to not make such sweeping statements as that, tut.

Caporegime
Strange as you said they havn't fixed the AA yet, and when the XT was released when AA was applied it was getting crippled, said it in all the reviews, so how has it magically got faster at AA if they aint fixed it. :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well im totally :confused: then, if there is no AA problem what the hell is everyone going on about, whats with all the, 'drivers wont fix it, as its a hardware problem, its the way ATi have done the AA', and 'hopefully they can fix it in the drivers'.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Strange as you said they havn't fixed the AA yet, and when the XT was released when AA was applied it was getting crippled, said it in all the reviews, so how has it magically got faster at AA if they aint fixed it. :confused:

They havnt fixed AA yet, the card suffers in some titles but not by a huge margin, normally in 95% of the cases it beats the gts or is on par, I certainly wouldnt write it off and say it cant do AA AT ALL like you did above :o , yet again another broad sweeping statement from a GTS owner. Sigh. More performance fixes are yet to come once they do 100% cases it will be faster or at least 99%.

Soldato
that Oblivion benchie is way out, I get around 60fps with 4xAA 16xAF 1680x1050, goes up in the towns aswell

EDIT : will retest tommorow though

Last edited:
Soldato
They're all just wrong, I mean 2900XT Crossfire slower than a single card? The EVGA Ultra Superclocked outperformed by GTSes, GTXes, and what on earth is the X1950 doing in F.E.A.R?

Bit-tech are doing something really wrong when they benchmark.

Caporegime
fornowagain said:
Of course it can so AA. Its just that some times it doesn't do so well.

snip

That can't be right, its supposed to be a lot better than GTS, and even beating the GTX in some supposedly. :confused:

As said here, supposedly much better than the GTS in about 95% of cases, or on par.

Tom|Nbk said:
They havnt fixed AA yet, the card suffers in some titles but not by a huge margin, normally in 95% of the cases it beats the gts or is on par, I certainly wouldnt write it off and say it cant do AA AT ALL like you did above :o , yet again another broad sweeping statement from a GTS owner. Sigh. More performance fixes are yet to come once they do 100% cases it will be faster or at least 99%.

Yet that review above its beaten, and in some cases by the old x1950 XTX. :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
That can't be right, its supposed to be a lot better than GTS, and even beating the GTX in some supposedly. :confused:

As said here, supposedly much better than the GTS in about 95% of cases, or on par.

Yet that review above its beaten, and in some cases by the old x1950 XTX. :confused:

It clearly isn't getting through Loadsa, so im not going to waste my time and everyone eleses to repeat myself.

Caporegime
Yup and the same can be said for the benchies you posted, so lets forget it, obviously the 2900 is much better than the GTS as its on par in some, and faster in some, and even faster than the GTX in some.

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:

ouch, if i were dumb enough to get a 2900xt to replace my x1900 id be doing a downgrade :D :p :p

Back
Top Bottom