2nd hand bike for commuting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'd go for 56cm tbh.. you can raise the seat up or get a longer stem if you feel it's a bit too small.. while 58cm might simply be to big.. its your choice man

Caporegime
Just return the bike if it's to small/big :p
We're so confident that you'll love your new bike from Wiggle, that we'll let you test ride it for a month! If you're not happy with it, just email us to [email protected] and we'll pick it up from you for a full refund. Just make sure you keep the box so it can be re-used to send it back. Read more about our 30-day test ride.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Yep, but you forgot about this bit....

"The 30 day test ride is available on all bikes available at Wiggle so long as the price when purchased had a discount no greater than 15%..."

Edit

1w6pug.jpg

Tu0zf3w.png

I closed the chat, but I've 30 days (I pay for the courier), if the bike is in good shape e.g. no scratches... They've recommended 56cm frame size :)

Edit

:)
5N5UsAo.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Hope the new bike is good, I've had similar requirements so thanks from me too to all for the replies :) - I'm changing to a longer commute so thought I'd get a road bike and upgrade from the hybrid I use at the moment.

I tried the older/better Tribans at Decathlon but they were out of stock in 54cm (51cm was OK, but I didn't want 650c wheels) so started looking at second hand and got a 5/6 year old one locally at the weekend for £350:

Dave Hinde aluminium frame
Random carbon fork
Full Ultegra 6600 (except the pedals, they're 105s), 50/34 fitted and an additional 53/39, both with a bit of normal wear
Mavic Aksium Race wheels
New cables and tyres

I need some proper shoes, but even the short test ride and ride back in trainers were a revelation :cool:.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Thanks, the problem with my search for the bike was, that there were no bikes locally. If you don't mind, could you post up a picture of your bike? For me carrying my books, bike lock and other bits extra bits like cycling shoes would be too much to carry around. That's why I'm planing on buying toe clips, which will allow me to wear any sort of footwear. I'm glad that I didn't buy an hybrid :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
did you have a ride yet? what you think?

Yeah, I had a quick test yesterday and today used it as a commute. I like it, but I really need to get some glasses, as the wind gets my eyes watery..

I'll post the picture tomorrow, when I take the bike out for a ride. :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Thanks for info about the glasses, I've actually found my Speedo cycling glasses which I use to, use while riding my MTB :)
I had one short ride in the morning and an 1 hour trip around my town. The picture isn't very clear as it was done by phone, (it was cloudy) and by the time I was going back home only just realized to take a pic.

2DKRyC2.png
iTgXvNz.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom