3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Soldato
You can't stand the facts or read the thread.

You must read the links in it's entirety.
So i'll presumably find this quote if I read the links in their entirety then?
Kallert said a store detective and police officers reported hearing the suspect say “Allahu akbar,” Arabic for “God is great."
Using these links, the same ones you're chastising stockhausen for using.

Ok, i'll read them in their entirety...

A man wielding a knife in the German city of Würzburg has killed three people and injured several others, according to local authorities.

Videos on social media showed the man armed with a large knife being confronted and subdued by passers-by.

The suspect, a Somali man aged 24, was shot in the thigh before being arrested.

Police said he had been violent and mentally unstable and had recently received psychiatric treatment

Police were alerted to the attack at around 17:00 local time (15:00 GMT), in the city centre's Barbarossa Square.

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann told reporters that, of those who were injured, five were in serious condition and it was "not certain" if they would survive.
The suspect is being questioned at a local hospital.

Officers are also searching his home and investigating his contacts for further evidence.

A witness reported that the suspect shouted "Allah Akbar" during the attack, said Mr Herrmann.

But a police spokesman said that, while the attacker had a criminal record, none of his previous offences were related to terrorism.
Hmmm... can't see it in that one. Only 'a witness'.

BERLIN, June 25 (Reuters) - Three people were killed and five seriously injured in a knife attack in southern Germany on Friday by a 24-year-old Somali immigrant, described by officials as having been placed under compulsory psychiatric treatment in recent days.

Police stopped and arrested the attacker in the town of Wuerzburg by firing a bullet through his thigh. They said his injuries were not life-threatening.

"Three are dead and five very seriously injured," regional Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said after arriving on the scene. "With the most seriously injured we are not sure they will survive."

The man had lived in Wuerzburg since 2015, the year Germany opened its borders to more than a million migrants and refugees fleeing war and poverty. His life was not in danger and he was being questioned by police in hospital, Herrmann said.

"His condition had been noticed in recent months, including violent tendencies, and a few days ago he was put into compulsory psychiatric treatment," Herrmann said.

Later, he told public television that, according to one witness, the suspect had called "Allahu akbar", an Arabic phrase meaning "God is great" and often associated with acts of Islamist terrorism before starting his spree.

"That suggests a possible Islamist motive, and that is also part of the investigation," he added.

Among the three dead was a young boy and one of his parents, Main Post newspaper said.

As is standard practice in Germany, police did not release the name of the suspect.

Police said there was no indication that there were any other attackers, and that the situation was now under control.

Videos posted on social media showed a seemingly barefoot man holding a long knife being warded off by other men with chairs until police arrived. Another video appeared to show blood on the ground.

The videos matched the reported location of the attacks on and around Wuerzburg's central Barbarossaplatz, though it was not immediately possible to confirm when they had been made.

Reuters footage from the scene showed dozens of police and emergency vehicles in attendance.

Wuerzburg, an ancient city of 130,000 people some 100 km (62 miles) south-east of Frankfurt, was five years ago the scene of a knife attack on a train by a 17-year-old Pakistani asylum seeker in which five people were injured, two seriously.
Can't see it there either... 'one witness'.

Three people were killed and several seriously hurt Friday in a southern German town after they were attacked by a Somali man with a history of mental illness who one witness said shouted “Allahu Akbar,” authorities said.

The attack took place around 5 p.m. in Würzburg after the 24-year-old suspect snatched a kitchen knife at a supermarket and started stabbing people around him.

The man, who has been living in Wurzburg in the federal state of Bavaria since 2015, was confronted by a small crowd of passersby and then shot in the leg by police, who arrested him minutes after the attack. The suspect likely acted alone, according to police.

The man had a record of violent offenses and had been committed to a psychiatric hospital shortly before the attack, Bavaria’s interior minister Joachim Herrmann, told reporters near the scene.

Mr. Herrmann said one witness had told police the suspect had shouted “Allahu Akbar”—Arabic for “God is most great,” a religious phrase for Muslims but also a war cry used by Islamist terrorists during attacks. A police spokesman said that the man’s record didn’t include offenses related to Islamism and didn’t comment about the suspect’s possible motives.

----paywalled from here----
Can't find it in the third one either.

So which of your three links did that quote come from then, humour me? Presumably the paywalled end of the WSJ one, because it's certainly not from your BBC or reuters links.

If you want to start calling people out for 'mistakes' because they quote stuff that you linked them to, maybe you ought to start providing better links in the first place, or reading them yourself. It's laughable trying to now make out stockhausen is the one who has made a mistake when Tefal has turned up 20 posts later with better information than you provided in the first place.

It's hard to tell whether you simply can't understand the very simple point i'm making or whether you're being deliberately dishonest in your approach to posting.

Edit - I suppose he could be seen to have made one obvious mistake in post #141 - he trusted that you had actually provided him with some good and relevant links to back up your point, when you'd actually done nothing of the sort.

Last edited:
Soldato
So i'll presumably find this quote if I read the links in their entirety then?

Using these links, the same ones you're chastising stockhausen for using.

Ok, i'll read them in their entirety...

Hmmm... can't see it in that one. Only 'a witness'.

Can't see it there either... 'one witness'.

Can't find it in the third one either.

So which of your three links did that quote come from then, humour me? Presumably the paywalled end of the WSJ one, because it's certainly not from your BBC or reuters links.

If you want to start calling people out for 'mistakes' because they quote stuff that you linked them to, maybe you ought to start providing better links in the first place, or reading them yourself. It's laughable trying to now make out stockhausen is the one who has made a mistake when Tefal has turned up 20 posts later with better information than you provided in the first place.

It's hard to tell whether you simply can't understand the very simple point i'm making or whether you're being deliberately dishonest in your approach to posting.

Edit - I suppose he could be seen to have made one obvious mistake in post #141 - he trusted that you had actually provided him with some good and relevant links to back up your point, when you'd actually done nothing of the sort.

Don't blame me if you can't see the truth.

He didn't do his home work and it took @Tefal to set him right.
And he posted rubbish after @Tefal
So he missed the point which I pointed out.

Another terrorist apologist. :)

Soldato
Don't blame me if you can't see the truth.

He didn't do his home work and it took @Tefal to set him right.
And he posted rubbish after @Tefal
So he missed the point which I pointed out.

Another terrorist apologist. :)

:cry: Still criticising someone else for actually using the links you gave them, you really are a laughable poster.

Soldato
No idea what this is meant to mean, but are you suggesting that the three people who died were playing in sand?

Is this victim blaming you are trying to justify here?

I have no idea why you are victim blaming.
Only you can answer that.

I dunno what head in the sand you're referring to. There is a wave of Domestic knife crime. I posted the stats. The vast majority of it has nothing to with terrorism. It's home grown.

Soldato
:cry: Still criticising someone else for actually using the links you gave them, you really are a laughable poster.

They can justify jumping to conclusions as long as someone else said it first, if it's a few people even better. Media can publish any rubbish and people lap it up.

Caporegime
I have no idea why you are victim blaming.
Only you can answer that.

I dunno what head in the sand you're referring to. There is a wave of Domestic knife crime. I posted the stats. The vast majority of it has nothing to with terrorism. It's home grown.

This guy wasn't home grown, and we have had terrorist incidents here where the perpetrators was also home grown. Doesnt stop it from being a racist or terrorist attack.

Soldato
This guy wasn't home grown, and we have had terrorist incidents here where the perpetrators was also home grown. Doesnt stop it from being a racist or terrorist attack.

If I punch someone while shouting about the The People's Front of Judea does that make it terrorist attack, or racist, since you made that leap.

Associate
meh terrorism was never that big of a killer in the first place. It's just a big event, or can be, if captured on video then repeated on 24 news, its a feedback loop of doom. Like a plane crash. IIRC global deaths of people falling down stairs is about the same of terrorism, and yet world governments aren't banding together to outlaw stairs. why not? :)

Soldato
meh terrorism was never that big of a killer in the first place. It's just a big event, or can be, if captured on video then repeated on 24 news, its a feedback loop of doom. Like a plane crash. IIRC global deaths of people falling down stairs is about the same of terrorism, and yet world governments aren't banding together to outlaw stairs. why not? :)

Ones is an accident the other isn't....?

Associate
Terrorism usually gets way more headlines because its popular, erm emotive(?), leads to more clicks and sales of newspapers. Whereas someone dying from a heart attack is really common, kills way more people than anything else and we're apparently fine with this, no clicks.

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/all-injuries/preventable-death-overview/odds-of-dying/

Terrorism doesn't make it to the list and yet gets a lot of news air time per death.

Technically the news should just be a list of all the people that died today and the reason. then end ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom