3 dead and 5 wounded in suspected Terror attack in Germany - not even headline news anymore.

Soldato
Sounds like a cancel culture thing.

Mary got her head chopped off by a religious nut job.
Don't worry as Mary's sister died of cancer so it's all equal now!

The world has gone made.

Maybe you could tell us why you think a domestic crime in another country should have higher priority in your country than it did in this example. Or the same crime in your own country.

Soldato
Okay so I guess if your daughter gets raped and killed then you can console yourself because you can commit suicide and therefore it evens out in the stats.

Well in this example the crime would be in another country and not be anyone you know, and the premise is that, that should have higher headlines than if your example happened.

Soldato
Well, lets not lose our heads (worrying) over terrorism ;) there are 29 things more likely to kill you first, according the those graphs.

For every Mary killed by a terrorist, 341 people died from cancer. From the graph: 17.08 / 0.05 = 341.

Now show the news with those ratios of air time.

I never worry about anything...ever.

But I couldn't live in your world.

Soldato
Maybe you could tell us why you think a domestic crime in another country should have higher priority in your country than it did in this example. Or the same crime in your own country.

What's with these different things you want to ask me?

I suggest you go away and think what you really want to ask.

Why don't you start a thread on "domestic crime in another country" if you're so eager to know.
Or maybe stick on topic.

Associate
I never worry about anything...ever.

But I couldn't live in your world.
It's not easy ;) The world is becoming a better more peaceful place. For reference, please see all world history. It's just that due to 24/7 news doomscrolling it doesn't feel like it.

Cavemen and woman must have had a hell of a time of it. Murder, rape, starvation, hyperthermia, massive animals hunting you.. at least there was no 24 news back then.

Associate
It's not easy ;) The world is becoming a better more peaceful place. For reference, please see all world history. It's just that due to 24/7 news doomscrolling it doesn't feel like it.

Cavemen and woman must have had a hell of a time of it. Murder, rape, starvation, hyperthermia, massive animals hunting you.. at least there was no 24 news back then.

No, i think the concerns of people is that by not stamping out (and taking the cause and effects) of terrorism it will slide back.

Certainly looking at parts of the UK, France etc already I thinks its a very valid concern.

Associate
There is no world in which terrorism would ever 'win' of course. Their actions aren't exactly winning over hearts and minds, its doing the opposite and we are uniting against a common enemy.

Terrorism isn't really a top-down issue where you are play whack-a-mole with drones or police or MI5/6 etc. I mean, its partly that, like 10%. The way to beat terrorism is to understand what makes someone choose to go down that path in the first place. The grass roots / bottom-up approach. Look for patterns of behaviour and intervene, steer their life towards being included and welcomed in society, not away from it. In that respect terrorism is same as any other criminal activity.

Whats that you say? theres no funding for a grass roots approach? ah ok then. enjoy decades of endless terrorism.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There is world in which terrorism would ever 'win' of course. Their actions aren't exactly winning over hearts and minds, its doing the opposite and we are uniting against a common enemy.

Terrorism isn't really a top-down issue where you are play whack-a-mole with drones or police or MI5/6 etc. I mean, its partly that, like 10%. The way to beat terrorism is to understand what makes someone choose to go down that path in the first place. The grass roots / bottom-up approach. Look for patterns of behaviour and intervene, steer their life towards being including and welcomed in sociality, not away from it. In that respect terrorism is same as any other criminal activity.

Hmm could it be those big old books that tell them they're gods chosen little soldiers?

Well we've identified the cause but are legally stopped from doing anything, so back to whack a mole with the reapers

Soldato
What's with these different things you want to ask me?

I suggest you go away and think what you really want to ask.

Why don't you start a thread on "domestic crime in another country" if you're so eager to know.
Or maybe stick on topic.

That is the topic.

You're just trying to make it about something it isn't.

Soldato
No, i think the concerns of people is that by not stamping out (and taking the cause and effects) of terrorism it will slide back.

Certainly looking at parts of the UK, France etc already I thinks its a very valid concern.

How would you stamp out the incident that's the OP asked about at the start of this thread..

Soldato

Try telling that to people in Chicago and LA\CA

Caporegime
How would you stamp out the incident that's the OP asked about at the start of this thread..

Slow and continued progress.

It would be nice if the state dropped support for religion rather than funding and promoting it.

If we made a clear secular state so insane religious laws didn't exist, or you didn't just become a lord because your a Bishop etc.

But again slow endless progress. I suspect the domestic version of all this will be gone in about 150 years or so

Back
Top Bottom