1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

3060Ti

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by benparker, 12 Nov 2020.

Tags:
  1. ramirez

Mobster

Think I was on a 32mb GeForce 2 GTS back then!

2. james.miller

Capodecina

lol salty new members. love it.

The great forum reset. Everything went kaboom. Well, so i've heard - I joined shortly after.

3. Dirk Diggler

Capodecina

I would have thought you'd gotten the memo about name dropping competitors at some point during the past 18 years?

4. Streetlight

Hitman

Sorry, I Just don't believe you.

5. Lleot

Gangster

Yea thats my feeling as well. I understand they have limited stock and wanted to avoid overselling, but now rather than having everyone spread out looking for the cards they are all here. Better to sell on MM and put me out of my misery of hoping and waiting to get lucky.

6. decto

Wise Guy

I think the issue is they don't want to sell 3000 of a card and only have 100 stock.
    I'd agree, the longer this goes on the more people will be focused on OC stock.
    Any announcement in any of the forums will lead to lots of people on the product page, I'm sure there are many forum members who'll buy a card for a mate, family, or to make a quick £100.
    Being a forum member or have MM access isn't some virtue. Just a question of time and random posts.

The only way that makes sense for OC is to randomly open the gates with no warning so there is time for the backend to cease selling without a ridiculous oversell which will cost OC a lot of time and money to unpick.
    However there would be outrage in the forums from the 'members' so right now all is stuck

>4000 people and 82 robots in the forum right now.

7. PieL

Associate

I'm 14:06 like you but 18:32 so fingers crossed we're soon picked for dispatch.

8. PieL

Associate

On the subject of being here a while, just reliased i once set my signature up, think that needs updating slightly :D

9. clv101

Capodecina

If it still hasn't been picked by now, I wouldn't be very hopeful. Presumably there are only a couple hundred, why does it take all day?

10. PieL

Associate

I dunno i mean the eta for delivery said 3rd to the 9th right from the first email so they definitely anticipated not getting them all out at once.

Maybe that's me trying to convince myself rather than you though.

11. McMilkerson

Associate

Congrats to anyone who managed to pick one up yesterday. I’m trying to upgrade my 980Ti for 1440 gaming on FPS games. Was hoping to pick up a 3060 TI yesterday but no such luck and was pretty on the ball with all retailers opened and refreshing at 2pm.

I hope the situation improves soon and we can all get our hands on the cards we are after.

12. mad_weegie

Hitman

Still a very good card for that resolution you have there.

13. Cadder

Wise Guy

Boom, order picked and dispatched at 13:58!!!

14. Zorgar

Gangster

Assuming all of these order picked and dispatch posts are from the competitors? still trying to keep some hope for ocuk to list them later this afternoon

15. Cadder

Wise Guy

Mine was yes

16. clv101

Capodecina

OCUK have over 500 cards on hand, that's really quite a lot going by the 3090/3080/3070 launch and queue sizes.

17. P3NuT123

Associate

currently running a 1060 6gb which is nice card, but really fancied a true upgrade as I have bought all the other parts for a new build, just waiting on a GPU. was going to order a 2060 super if I could find one, but then heard about this card which seems almost too good to be true, such great value for money. no wonder it is so popular.

18. McMilkerson

Associate

Yeah not bad but is struggling a little on the new apex legends map with lowest settings. The card is the worst part of my setup and have been toying with the idea of an upgrade for a while. I think I’d rather toss my PC in the bin than buy one from a scalper though.

19. LukeW

Associate

I'm in a similar situation as you, but with a 980 non Ti. Valhalla is struggling a bit and looking at the recommended specs for Cyberpunk, swapping it out for a 3060Ti would move my specs from just above the minimum required straight to the Ultra category. True bottleneck at the moment. One can dream, ey?

20. mrbios

Capodecina

Just noticed a competitor had a pre-order link up for one of their 3070s, when i added it to basket to see when stock was due, it said 4 in stock.............I was so so tempted, but, i think i'd kick myself in the long run if i spent £690 on a 3070, that's 3080 money. EDIT: says 1 in stock now, guessing that'll be gone before anyone see's this or works out where im talking about so don't get too excited.

21. Cadder

Wise Guy

Exactly.. I have a £640 order to cancel elsewhere for a 3070 Gaming Trio...

22. Reppyboyo

Mobster

Yea I noticed that too but as you said, thats 3080 money.