• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
It destroys 5700xt and beats 6800xt in RT games.

And yet most reviewers seem to think 3060Ti isn't really an RT capable card. Which of course just confirms RT in AMD is... non-existent (speed-wise) but still, neither it is in this card. Just stick to rasterization and enjoy high FPS in 1440p in games :)

Associate
Genuine question from someone with not tons of knowledge in this area

why would one card of the same model be £500 when another is £380, does the overclock really make that much difference!?

Associate
All the these friend builts and getting it for my bothers just smells of scalper

Sure, and scalpers (which are usually huge organisations these days, buying this stuff in thousands) sit on this forum and announce bagging one with joy. :) Get a beer mate and relax!

Associate
nothing on the nvidia shop... changed to see buying options at 2pm but all you get is a page with "coming soon"

I was debating this, was on the Nvidia site too and went from coming soon from 1400-1405 and then out of stock, never had a buy button for me... £370 saved I guess!

Associate
https://www.theverge.com/21726429/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-review

4 games going beyond 144 on a beast of a setup ... If I am expected to fork out roughly 400 pounds I would wait and spend a bit more money at a card that is able to more easily hit 144 hz at 1440p

This card will not age well imho

No gaming GPU age well, they lose value (and relative speed) very quickly. If rumours are to be listened to, AMD will present another gen next year (end of it) and all current GPUs (both 3k series from NVidia and 6k series from AMD) will drop in value quite a bit. But it hardly matters, this is how PC market works - you buy for here and now and maaaaaybe few months ahead, at most. Otherwise you just lie to yourself, IMHO.

Soldato
Genuine question from someone with not tons of knowledge in this area

why would one card of the same model be £500 when another is £380, does the overclock really make that much difference!?

It's more down to the quality of the cooler and amount of rgb bling to be honest. Oh and you can add ROG tax into the mix for Asus. The FE models are by far the best value.

Associate
Yes an improvement but we'd need at least 5000 cards to handle launch demand, hence why now we are super cautious and now launching the products far more silently without promotion at different times when the website is not busy because even then at such times the sales are totally wild.
@Gibbo
is there any notification that will be sent out or steps i need to take in order to find out when the 3060ti's are being released ? or is the case that im gonna be f5'ing your recent activity for the rest of the afternoon lol.
thanks

Associate
I'm sorry but if you want 144hz 1440P you get a 3080 or 6800xt
Yes you're right. My 3080 RTX is also good for 4K between 90 FPS to 150 Fps depending on the game. That's mostly maxed out minus Ray tracing. I can also do some games around that with Ray tracing as long as I turn on DLSS.

Associate
It's more down to the quality of the cooler and amount of rgb bling to be honest. Oh and you can add ROG tax into the mix for Asus. The FE models are by far the best value.
Thanks - so lower temps and itll look better, but even though a card may cost 25% more, its unlikely to give more than 5% better performance being Oced?

Associate
Im just hella salty because im not buying a last gen card and im not pay scalper prices and im in every discord and whats app group i can find and ive still been unable to get a 3080 3070 6800xt and now 3060ti. Ive taken every launch day off work and missed out every time

I think most of us on the forum could say the same thing. Eventually we just resign to trying to get whatever we can instead of what we actually want. In normal times it would be good to just sit and wait. Sure, but these aren't normal times - there's brexit with potential huge issues with shipping (clogged ports, much higher prices etc.), there's pandemic, there's scalpers and huge demand everywhere... At least most of us here can see it happen before other people in UK - but they all will experience that with some product sooner than later, I reckon.

Associate
Thanks - so lower temps and itll look better, but even though a card may cost 25% more, its unlikely to give more than 5% better performance being Oced?

Looks are subjective (FE is a pretty good looking card, some of the AIB's are...a mess but each to their own) but you're pretty much bang on with the rest, performance gains in regards to FPS are minimal, but sometimes thermals/acoustics can be much improved, that's where the real performance benefits can lie in my experience.

Associate
I still have to laugh at the demand situation that was created this year.
Everybody tries to get a 3070/3080/6800/xt but can't due to demand supply etc.
A cheaper card gets released and everybody that couldn't get the above tries to get a 3060ti to "tide them over" until they get their preferred card.
Throw in scalpers etc I estimate the actual demand for these cards is slot less due to complete duplication of demand across the different tiers/brands!.

Calm down people and stop buying everything in sight!

Soldato
Ignore the names of the cards, that's just marketing guff. At £400 the 3060Ti is the best price/performance ever seen.

It's sort of RTX 2080S level of performance for around £400. I mean is that great value really ? You can buy a used 2080S for less than that so what are we gaining ? I guess RT is a bit better.

The card is good but it's not amazing by any means. I think most of us are just desperate to buy a new gen card, and some people are willing to pay anything it seems.

Back
Top Bottom