• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3060Ti

Associate
I'm fine with hot temps... what i'm not fine is something that is louder than my kitchen extractor fan (which in itself is like a wind turbine) and more annoying so is the oscillating and high pitch whining noise coming from the fans. :'(. No lights on any logo but i'm not using firestorm. I'd expect it to light up without software control. Sorted my RMA out with OC. Hope the other guys who are sent one don't have the same experience :(. should have tried harder on the 6800xt/6900xt I think! caz32 that doesn't sound good at all, definitely something catching there or a fan bearing not right. I guess that's what we get when a card is released the day after announcement :D. Can us unfortunate ones get dibbs on a 6900xt? :D.

Associate
In regards to the video I posted earlier, the right fan on my Zotac card is faulty/has dodgy bearings.

Any fan % below 50% it rattles like hell and above it, it is still there but feint, really annoying, going to try and return it I think.

Associate
So I guess Zotac cards are lowest tier possible. Now I regret I did not put 100£ extra for the Palit OC 3070, but I believed that the 3060Ti for my 1080p is enough...mhm..

Associate
Non OC version does not have light up LED on the side.

Also mine is doing this when fans are between 37% and 47% , not sure if its normal??

Sound like the bearing or something are knackered this is what it should sound like

With the Zotac both OC and non OC look exactly the same to me except they removed the tiny LED bulb from the non OC and disabled fan stop in the firmware.
It's the only 3060ti without fan stop. So they didn't improve the OC version to make it better but instead disabled some things on the non OC.

Last edited:
Associate
Is anybody else experiencing issues in warzone using their 3060ti?

a number of my textures are insanely low quality or fail to load altogether.

Edit: If anyone is experiencing a similar issue, I appear to have resolved this problem by installing an older version of the drivers

Last edited:
Associate
In regards to the video I posted earlier, the right fan on my Zotac card is faulty/has dodgy bearings.

Any fan % below 50% it rattles like hell and above it, it is still there but feint, really annoying, going to try and return it I think.

Zotac had major problems with fans failing on 1000 series cards, I've no idea what 2000 series was like.

Associate
Rather than spending time making a fan curve you could try setting max temp on the GPU to 70 - 75c, perfectly safe and the fans shouldn't ramp up as much.

That's about where it sits with the fans on auto actually. It just boosts better if you can keep it under 70°C (not sure if of the exact temp it steps down at).
I have a feeling that 80-90% fan won't be too bad once it's in a case but even 100% wouldn't be a big deal since I almost exclusively use a headset.

Soldato
I'm pretty much returning mine imediatley if it's anything like those describing it.

I've not paid attention to this thread for 24hrs or so, what problems is everyone having with the Palit? I can only see zotac issues mentioned looking up. Personally find thee fans a little loud when it's under load, but that seems very minor as i play with headphones 99% of the time anyway.

Associate
I've not paid attention to this thread for 24hrs or so, what problems is everyone having with the Palit? I can only see zotac issues mentioned looking up. Personally find thee fans a little loud when it's under load, but that seems very minor as i play with headphones 99% of the time anyway.

Not had any issues with my Palit , really happy with purchase

Associate
Not had any issues with my Palit , really happy with purchase

Is it louder than other cards you have owned recently?
Beside an obvious manufacturing defect or that the 2 fan cards will be louder than the FE or 3 fan AIB I can't think of a reason why these cards would be disliked.

Associate
I personally do not notice the fan noise etc that's mentioned in the thread , even with headphones on and off. I have not experienced anything that concerns me , and I setup the palit card to change led lights in a traffic light pattern when temperatures changes and it's running cool .

Associate
I personally do not notice the fan noise etc that's mentioned in the thread , even with headphones on and off. I have not experienced anything that concerns me , and I setup the palit card to change led lights in a traffic light pattern when temperatures changes and it's running cool .

Is that with Thundermaster? I've not tired it yet. Just went straight to Afterburner since it was there already

Back
Top Bottom