• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
I' m having two 3080 gaming oc arrive to me tomorrow.
I'm in Sweden and have heard from a few people over at sweclockers.com that they have had no problem with their cards and they also just recieved them.

Associate
OP
What I haven’t fully understood are if all are affected by this issue. I’ll pick my card up tomorrow, but will most likely take a loss and sell it as I’m scared of this issue.

If you sell it new unopened ..you will make money not take a loss..these are in high demand.

I' m having two 3080 gaming oc arrive to me tomorrow.
I'm in Sweden and have heard from a few people over at sweclockers.com that they have had no problem with their cards and they also just recieved them.

Yeah its hit or miss if people will have a problem with the connector box but the problem is there . My guess is that Gigabyte pulled fixed a lot of the 1st batches. Or that there is not a lot out in the wild yet ..hard to say

Associate
I'm in Canada and I got my gaming OC last week. Haven't opened it because I'm scared lol. My serial number starts with 2037, which I think means it was produced on the 37th week of 2020 (Sep 7 - Sep 13) - A very early batch I assume

Associate
I'm in Canada and I got my gaming OC last week. Haven't opened it because I'm scared lol. My serial number starts with 2037, which I think means it was produced on the 37th week of 2020 (Sep 7 - Sep 13) - A very early batch I assume

Yeah I’m pretty damn scared, but also excited. Might remove it from auction pages and marketplace and keep it. My wife is furious over this.

Associate
One of my concerns is that I'll receive an Eagle in a week or two but it'll be one that's been on a ship for the last few weeks and hence an early, faulty one.

Associate
I guess there is a chance they will be intercepted and fixed before they hit retailers

That thought hadn't crossed my mind but it would be great if they have decided to do that. I'd much rather have a delay now while they were being rerouted and repaired than the hassle of sending it off for modification after receipt.

Associate
damn lol somebody bought that 1x Eagle 3090 in shop just before me. So i am late. So maybe it was sign from a god that not buy?:) heh

And i am waiting when another will be on stock actually,damn

Associate
I ordered mine on friday the 9th, Im also located in Sweden. Do you guys think there might still be a chance I get one of the faulty ones?

Associate
I ordered mine on friday the 9th, Im also located in Sweden. Do you guys think there might still be a chance I get one of the faulty ones?

I think we'd just be guessing, but from what GIGA-Man has said it would seem unlikely you'd get a faulty one as they've changed the production already, and I doubt the card you ordered has been manufactured yet to be honest.

Associate
Just got the first 3080 gaming oc.
The serialnr starts with 2038, so it's manufactured in week 38.
The second card will come later today.

I have not yet opened the card I will open them both tonight.

Edit: Second card serial also starts with 2038

Last edited:
Associate
I don't have the exact info, I can say, that any stock that arrives from now onwards will have the upgrade connector.
Any news on serial numbers?

Mines arrived from another retailer on Sunday and is fine now in the PC, but dont want a problem to develop over time. Is the different connector visibly different?

Edit: Serial of mines start 2038

Last edited:
Associate
Any news on serial numbers?

Mines arrived from another retailer on Sunday and is fine now in the PC, but dont want a problem to develop over time. Is the different connector visibly different?

Edit: Serial of mines start 2038

My card is 2037 and I highly doubt any cards manufactured in early to mid September would be upgraded. This was before and right on the launch (Sep 17th).

Back
Top Bottom