• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Yeah, UK. I heard a bunch of good stuff about their RMA process. But it would seem my experience was contrary to that. I emailed them about the fact that the card was still faulty, they insisted that it was fine when they tested it, and suggested I either use a small screwdriver to straighten out the pins, or send it back to the retailer I got it from for a refund or replacement. So yeah, I'll be thinking twice before buying a Gigabyte GPU again in future. Which is a shame, since the 970 and 1080 G1 were both great and had no issues for me.

Hey,

Would you find forwarding that reply from my RMA department to me please, I will get this looked into ASAP. [email protected]

Associate
So got my card, week 42. One of the connector slots I couldn't connector to no matter how hard I tried, the pins visually looked fine to me but the connector wouldn't go in on the slot nearest the IO panel. The other connector slot worked perfectly fine with both connectors so I know its not the connectors. Will be contacting Giga-man and see what my options are for a refund rather than a "repair" since several people have reported still having difficulties even after RMA.

Associate
This is not good to hear at all . So just to clarify you had a problem with the 1st card you received.. then you RMA'd and now the replacement is having the same problem and now on top of that Gigabyte are asking you to straighten out the pins.

They should not be telling you to straighten out the pins with a screw driver on an expensive graphics card. It should have been fixed & the end USER the paying customer should not have to be bodging fixing things.

I would send it back and get a full refund at this point no matter how much you want the card and how difficult the cards are to buy.

Whichever option you go for hope this is sorted for you quickly.

Totally agree with you on this. This whole thing is becoming a complete mess tbh .

I am that confused atm i do not even know what to put in the OP any more last thing i want to do is confuse peeps.

We do need more clarity re how does the paying customer identify if there on the new or old connector block. As it seems now there is many reports of cards over Wk39 and even cards that have been RMA'd and supposedly fixed coming back having the same problem.

And there is even reports of the 3070's being effected too.

Thanks for the Info so are we moving from Wk39 to Wk40 now of cards that could be on the old block ?

Also any update re the 3070's having the same connector block issues ?

To address some of the confusion..

Cards from WK39 were fixed but as stated there could have been mixed stock.

I have been told, all cards after this production date had the power connectors changed to the new versions.

I've reported to my HQ that based on this thread, there are week 42 cards with pin problems report. I've been assured these are not the old connectors and it's being investigated that this is being reported. I am also talking with my RMA department about the cards we have had returned to make sure they are being tested correctly after being swapped.

Associate
So got my card, week 42. One of the connector slots I couldn't connector to no matter how hard I tried, the pins visually looked fine to me but the connector wouldn't go in on the slot nearest the IO panel. The other connector slot worked perfectly fine with both connectors so I know its not the connectors. Will be contacting Giga-man and see what my options are for a refund rather than a "repair" since several people have reported still having difficulties even after RMA.

When you contact me, please mail me photos of the connectors so I can forward it straight to my HQ.

Associate
Hey,

Would you find forwarding that reply from my RMA department to me please, I will get this looked into ASAP. [email protected]
Done. And you'll have to forgive me if I'm not particularly interested in going through the whole RMA song and dance again when the GPU that I need for work purposes is at least working fine now after straightening the pins out myself.

Associate
When you contact me, please mail me photos of the connectors so I can forward it straight to my HQ.
Done although I'm not sure you'll find the pictures particularly helpful. Thanks for your help.

Edit 1: Email didn't send because it exceeded max file size apparently. Tried zipping the pics and sending again, it was less than 25MB so not sure why.

Edit 2: Failed again so took one of the images out

Edit 3: Failed again so I just dumped them in a shared folder in Google Drive and put the link in the email

Last edited:
Soldato

Just got my card today and have the same issues as this chap by the sounds of it. Week 42 card, the connector won't go in on the nearest IO port and one of the pins looks "weird". I took a few pictures before I tried it, and it looked suspect. I tried to plug a cable into it, and it just meets resistance and won't go beyond about 3/4 the way in. Tried a different cable to make sure, and it was the same issues (both cables plug in fine into the other block on the card).

Associate
Just got my card today and have the same issues as this chap by the sounds of it. Week 42 card, the connector won't go in on the nearest IO port and one of the pins looks "weird". I took a few pictures before I tried it, and it looked suspect. I tried to plug a cable into it, and it just meets resistance and won't go beyond about 3/4 the way in. Tried a different cable to make sure, and it was the same issues (both cables plug in fine into the other block on the card).
Yep seems identical to what I experienced. my connectors are 3x2 and 2x1 and its the the 2x1 that refuses to connect to the slot. I tried just the the 3x2 and it connected to the slot just fine. And I tried just the 2x1 and it wouldn't go in. So it seems to be one of those two pins/pin holes that's the issue.

Associate
Haven’t received my card yet, I know this is the wrong place, but does anyone have a link to giga-mans page where we get updates on the 3080 Eagle stock? As I haven’t seen any information on it at all.

Associate
Quick update for you guys:

I'm from the U.S. and sent my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 mid October after noticing the soldered pins were bent and the connectors themselves were loose. I called up Gigabyte and set up and RMA letting them know exactly the problem. After a few weeks, I got the card back today and just wanted you guys thew check this for me. It does not have the heat shrink wrap around the cables, so I'm assuming they just stopped doing that. But they clearly replaced the connectors as they're different than what I had before. Here are pictures I took just now of the new connectors. Am I good?

Here

Associate
OP
To address some of the confusion..

Cards from WK39 were fixed but as stated there could have been mixed stock.

I have been told, all cards after this production date had the power connectors changed to the new versions.

I've reported to my HQ that based on this thread, there are week 42 cards with pin problems report. I've been assured these are not the old connectors and it's being investigated that this is being reported. I am also talking with my RMA department about the cards we have had returned to make sure they are being tested correctly after being swapped.

thx for the info

thx for sharing ..so i wonder if even the new blocks are having problems too or this is a wk42 card that somehow is still on the old block .

Quick update for you guys:

I'm from the U.S. and sent my Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080 mid October after noticing the soldered pins were bent and the connectors themselves were loose. I called up Gigabyte and set up and RMA letting them know exactly the problem. After a few weeks, I got the card back today and just wanted you guys thew check this for me. It does not have the heat shrink wrap around the cables, so I'm assuming they just stopped doing that. But they clearly replaced the connectors as they're different than what I had before. Here are pictures I took just now of the new connectors. Am I good?

Here

thx for the info update and photo's enjoy the card

Hope its resolved quickly for you ..and agree with you a refund is the better option

Associate
Small update: been using my wk42 gaming oC 3080 card for a week now. No issue so far and I probably removed and plugged the 8 pins 6-7 times already Let hope it stay this way, my friend who have a wk37 also doesn't have any problems.

Associate
Small update: been using my wk42 gaming oC 3080 card for a week now. No issue so far and I probably removed and plugged the 8 pins 6-7 times already Let hope it stay this way, my friend who have a wk37 also doesn't have any problems.
Yeah seems some, I would assume most, people aren't affected by these connector issues but there's obviously enough that are where it indicates some kind of production problem. Since these newer cards have the revised connector block I think its safe to say there's still an issue with post revised models. I was under the impression that all cards are factory tested, which if is the case, then presumably a technician was able to connect a PCI-E connector to these cards at least originally. Perhaps the pins/slots are becoming dislodged/damaged during the testing phase. As indicated by many they've been able to plug a connector in the first time but only became dislodged after reconnecting X amount of times. All of which suggests they aren't seated firmly enough to hold their place in a lot of cases. All it takes is the pin to budge by even a single millimetre and the slot becomes unusable.

Associate
Hello, just checking in to say I got a week 43 card and have not had any issues.
3080 Gaming OC. The cables clicked in easily and without hardly any force. No power or performance related issues.

Associate
Just received my wk 42 3080 gaming oc today and had trouble connecting in both sockets. Bent 1 pin on the right socket and 2 on the left and then the connectors fitted. I then unplugged and tried again and had trouble connecting them again.

It is running in my system now (only just installed drivers)

Unsure whether to RMA now or wait and see what happens. I rarely unplug my components so if I have problems in a year or 2 can i just RMA it then?

I think i'll wait and see what gigaman says about the wk42 investigation as there is not much point in sending it back if it has already been "fixed" according to giga hq.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom