• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 Owners - What resolution do you game at?

Recently received my MSI Gaming X

1440p 165hz G-Sync for anything first person, fast paced or that I feel more comfortable using a mouse for.

And I recently bought a 50” 4K 60hz display for chilled out third person games and for PS5 when it releases. Currently playing RDR2 with a controller and switching to m&kb on my Corsair K63 lapboard for moments that require shooting. It’s brilliant lol this game is officially the most visually stunning game I have ever seen
Which 1440p 165hz monitor have you got? Recently received the Dell S2721DGF, which I can't wait to try with the 3080 (if I ever find one...). My first screen above 60hz. Can't wait!

Associate
How's widescreen support in games these days? It seems super popular, but I've heard mixed things when it comes to support.

Quite a lot of support for it, on the titles I play at least, although often not in cutscenes.
i.e Mafia Definitive edition, RDR2 which is funny because the cutscenes are 21:9 but fully letterboxed (borders around it all), as are a lot of 21:9 video's
Also, some titles do it wrong and literally cut off an inch or two (not precise measurements) from the top / bottom, no expert on it, but I think its refered to as Vert-

Quite a lot of support for it, on the titles I play at least, although often not in cutscenes.
i.e Mafia Definitive edition, RDR2 which is funny because the cutscenes are 21:9 but fully letterboxed (borders around it all), as are a lot of 21:9 video's
Also, some titles do it wrong and literally cut off an inch or two (not precise measurements) from the top / bottom, no expert on it, but I think its refered to as Vert-
Thanks for the quick response. I'd love to try one out, but it's not as if you can walk into many shops and see them in action.

Soldato
I game at 1440p Ultrawide, 3440 x 1440 @ 144Hz.

Came from a high end 2080ti to the 3080 gaming OC and must say there is a noteable improvement over the 2080ti if like me you want as much eye candy as you can possibly get and still keep that FPS up! The 2080ti just didn't quite meet my requirements, though the 3070 with faster ram may perform better. I do find the 3080 to be a smoother experience to. What I can say is maybe next generation I may make the jump to 4k if a similar spec monitor could be had for a reasonable price.

ne0

ne0

Associate
they look good, i'll see if they reduce price on prime day. How do they sound without the sub woofer as I've never been keep on having a big speaker on the floor

You have to drive them fairly hard ( I would say 50% volume to really get the bass involved ) and they still sound good to me at lower volumes. I tend to up the volume though as I like the punch.

I game at 1440p Ultrawide, 3440 x 1440 @ 144Hz.

Came from a high end 2080ti to the 3080 gaming OC and must say there is a noteable improvement over the 2080ti if like me you want as much eye candy as you can possibly get and still keep that FPS up! The 2080ti just didn't quite meet my requirements, though the 3070 with faster ram may perform better. I do find the 3080 to be a smoother experience to. What I can say is maybe next generation I may make the jump to 4k if a similar spec monitor could be had for a reasonable price.
Still waiting for the 32in 4K 144hz monitors to come out (hopefully with HDMI 2.1 as a bonus). Think quite a few are due in Q1 next year.

Back
Top Bottom