• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
I don't understand why auctions sites like the bay don't have a policy where if you've preordered something you can't then sell it at a Higher price. I've seen quite a few gpu's/cpu's/gig tickets where they include a picture of their receipt but ask more.
This should be made illegal just generally.
Saw a 3060 yesterday on there bids staring at £750, he'd included his invoice that said £423 and he's not getting it until March the 4th. Blatantly and obviously a specific case of somebody who has bought something to sell at a profit at the same time taking it away from people who could maybe justify £423 but not £750. It's just so scummy and practices like this should and should not be allowed. Also If people keep paying these crazy prices Nvidia and AMD will see that.
I don't see us having a £649 High end GPU ever again.
I felt ridiculous for paying £1400 for my FE, now I fell like one of the lucky ones. Although I wouldn't have paid a penny more, the most I'd paid before this was when I bought 2 Titan X's on launch day for £1,767.68 but that was 2 cards. I had no remorse as they were awesome.
Make your 3090FE's last they may be the last bargain GPU you ever get.:o

Caporegime
I don't understand why auctions sites like the bay don't have a policy where if you've preordered something you can't then sell it at a Higher price.

Isn't this what the majority of sellers are doing on ebay? Buying cheap and selling with a mark up? Whether you're buying bulk from China or reselling individual items I'm not really sure there's a true distinction.

Associate
Yeah, but you're talking about all the little things that people buy where there are different brands and other options. These are specific demanded products that do a specific job. I'm more talking about high priced consumer electronics or things like gig tickets where there is no other option.

They could even just specify:

Gig Tickets
GPU's
CPU's
Consoles
TV's
PC's
Tablets
Phones.

You should only be able to sell if it's in hand. A report option for profiteering or scaling, I mean it's generally obvious if it's a scalper.

Caporegime
It's not in eBay's interests so they won't bother unless forced to by law.

If you could only sell at cost on ebay then people wouldn't sell (as they'd make a loss after fees) and eBay wouldn't get their cut. Scalping is brilliant for eBay.

Soldato
You aren’t actually allowed to sell pre-orders on eBay, that is against their terms. You have to have the item in hand.

But as I have explained above it’s really difficult to make effective laws to stop this without a shed load of unintended consequences. At the end of the day it’s a temporary issue affecting a few niche, luxury products that lawmakers really don’t care about. The people spending ridiculous amounts of money on these things are the ones carrying the bulk of the blame, they ultimately enable the behaviour.

Soldato
Or they just had some leftover from yesterday. Given how quickly people hammer the site now, it’s not surprising if they pull the plug after a few seconds.

Soldato
Wonder if it was an issue with the system as I'm pretty sure they don't work on a Saturday..

That place that does FE cards do actually work Saturday. I suspect people got cold feet on the price after getting an order in / some left over so they cancelled them. + looked to say pre-order when I took it through to checkout today rather then instock, at least as of few mins ago for 3090FE.

Soldato
3080's just dropped, I was literally sat at the PC when the alert come thru, clicked on the link, clicked on add to basket, too late, gone in less that a minute.. :'(

Back
Top Bottom