• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Never thought I'd be so relieved dropping over a grand on a graphics card, now the waiting game.

Nothing about this is normal, I expect summer and LHR are helping things but i'm pretty sure graphics cards aren't supposed to go out of stock this quickly.

If like @Barleyman secured a 3070 last week then accepted a couple hundred quid more to part with it, you would have to question the element of did you really need it in the first place? The way I see it is when your a foaming at the mouth gamer losing the plot as you need such a card to game (plenty seem to be on this category in here ;) ) with then you would surely keep the card, play games and forget about everything else! :)

Really need? Of course not, it doesn't go into the triangle of food, shelter and mobile, everything else is kind of negotiable.

Most of us do have perpetual hardware upgrade cycle though. I upgraded my HTPC box from 2500k to 5600x and now RTX 2060 to RTX 3070. That'll likely do for a couple of years, even Cyberpunk more or less runs OK. That wouldn't have happened if I didn't get both 5600x and 3070 FE at MSRP, funny how the slide goes from "not going to upgrade if prices are stupid" to "maybe I'd downgrade if someone offers stupid money".

Never thought I'd be so relieved dropping over a grand on a graphics card, now the waiting game.

Nothing about this is normal, I expect summer and LHR are helping things but i'm pretty sure graphics cards aren't supposed to go out of stock this quickly.

Yah, they are not supposed to.

Was it since like October 2020 the GPU shortage began?

Payment authorised on a 3060ti. Wanted the 3070 really but a decent trade off with the difference in price.

Roll on delivery.

Back
Top Bottom