• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
11:30 is when Order Confirmation email came with estimated delivery of 9th August.
14:57 Payment Authorised

Reading messages on Discord of others who have had the order picked update, but not us yet.

I hope you get sorted, keep us posted.

In other news, I have already seen a listing on FB marketplace near me for a 3080 FE up for £1200, due to be delivered 9th. Blatant scalping :mad:

I bought an item from their daily deal about 2pm yesterday, order not showing up on my account till 5pm so they must be busy, and my order finally picked this morning.

I can see a 3080 instock elsewhere and cheaper than £1200.

Soldato
11:30 is when Order Confirmation email came with estimated delivery of 9th August.
14:57 Payment Authorised

Reading messages on Discord of others who have had the order picked update, but not us yet.

I hope you get sorted, keep us posted.

In other news, I have already seen a listing on FB marketplace near me for a 3080 FE up for £1200, due to be delivered 9th. Blatant scalping :mad:

Same here 3080 awaiting picking due for 9th Aug someone else called them and was told would be picked either today or tomorrow for delivery Monday

you can easily find AIB 3080 from retailers for £1200 but they are mostly all LHR, dont know why you would pay stranger the same price and what about the warranty if need say in year or so

Associate
I'm not done yet this was just from last night when I first had the card in hand, really starting to wish I got an integrated WiFi motherboard, going with a powerline adapter until I decide if I'll get a motherboard that supports nvlink or not. New PSU on route

Soldato
Thanks Richard! I think it would look like that in my Asus B450 too.

So motherboards have to be bridge compatible for them to SLI correctly?
B450s only support AMD crossfire, if you use 2 Nvidia cards the 2nd will run in PCIe 2.0 x4 while the first runs at the full x16 it's good enough for mining though if not a little toastie.

Soldato
Same here 3080 awaiting picking due for 9th Aug someone else called them and was told would be picked either today or tomorrow for delivery Monday

you can easily find AIB 3080 from retailers for £1200 but they are mostly all LHR, dont know why you would pay stranger the same price and what about the warranty if need say in year or so

I hope we all get that sweet sweet email today :D

Yeah I wouldn't entertain paying nearly 2x MSRP only to lose any warranty.

Associate
There's just the x570 godlike for amd that has the right size gap for the proper 3000 series nvlink that matches the FE in terms of looks, other than that there are other x570 that should work but I believe they'll need an older style nvlink that probably wouldn't look as good.

Okay for mining though which will pay for a godlike x570 further down the line. The problem with b450 is you can't split the pcie x16 slots to x8 x8 like you can on x570, the b450 only does x16 x4 or x16 x1

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Yeah pretty much but then if you got the cash for 2 3090s then spending more on a board shouldn't be a problem.

True but way before buying the 3090 it was not foreseen if you know what I mean. Ryzen 3600 + B450 was a bargain combo, I think I got both for £250. I would/will get a better board eventually, just not keen on motherboards costing over two hundred (not been on intel for a while), my previous two AMD boards have both been under £125.

Associate
True but way before buying the 3090 it was not foreseen if you know what I mean. Ryzen 3600 + B450 was a bargain combo, I think I got both for £250. I would/will get a better board eventually, just not keen on motherboards costing over two hundred (not been on intel for a while), my previous two AMD boards have both been under £125.
I'm the same on this one I'm already looking at intel alternatives. The a6000 3 slot nvlink Bridge will work with lots of different x570 boards that are loads cheaper than x570 godlike, but then the bridge itself is £200

Soldato
There's just the x570 godlike for amd that has the right size gap for the proper 3000 series nvlink that matches the FE in terms of looks, other than that there are other x570 that should work but I believe they'll need an older style nvlink that probably wouldn't look as good.

Okay for mining though which will pay for a godlike x570 further down the line. The problem with b450 is you can't split the pcie x16 slots to x8 x8 like you can on x570, the b450 only does x16 x4 or x16 x1

Yes this is making sense to me now. I never thought I would have a 3090 let alone using two for SLI. However as the FE's are so good in perf/looks etc. and they are the only in the line up that can do SLI its something of a temptation I must admit.

My 3090 from November has already paid itself off, been mining GPU's for about a decade now as the side earner / hobby. I have never had a dedicated mining rig with multiple gpu's, I could probably build one now, I just wasnt interested in it before.

Soldato
Intel doesn't look as bad value though anymore as amd 5000 series have gone up a little in price..... maybe I'll just mine a few months then buy the godlike or ace

With you on this one. Not keen on an intel build but I wont rule it out. If an alternative to the godlike appears do tell. There must be some out there!

Associate
Yes this is making sense to me now. I never thought I would have a 3090 let alone using two for SLI. However as the FE's are so good in perf/looks etc. and they are the only in the line up that can do SLI its something of a temptation I must admit.

My 3090 from November has already paid itself off, been mining GPU's for about a decade now as the side earner / hobby. I have never had a dedicated mining rig with multiple gpu's, I could probably build one now, I just wasnt interested in it before.
I started mining last month then saw how profitable it is and thought yep next drop I'm getting a second FE. I didn't plan it initially either with my build. I actually wanted the 3080 originally but couldn't get it

Back
Top Bottom