• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
anyone know when the next drop is likely to happen for the 3080s? been monitoring fo a week as i thought they would trickle in daily, but if that's not the case, rather not monitor like a hawk when not needed

Soldato
anyone know when the next drop is likely to happen for the 3080s? been monitoring fo a week as i thought they would trickle in daily, but if that's not the case, rather not monitor like a hawk when not needed

You don't need to monitor like a hawk , just install telegram app on phone Google search Fe part alert telegram and join the group set ringtone to something unique so you know it's for that when they drop can complete the whole process using phone, drops usually happen early 9-11am

I was out when the 3080 last dropped and managed to get it

Associate
Just picked up my RTX 3070 Ti FE....could not hold out any longer and had to pay £740, though hugely offset by the selling my 2070...boy some people are making huge sums of money...Still happy with the shiny new 3070 Ti FE. First FE card I have ever owned and it is extremely well put together..

Associate
Thanks, do you know of a good tutorial for this?

The easiest method is to put power % below 100, no need to muck with curve,
which is more of an overclock tool, not under clock. You can limit the max power with the curve but the editor is really user hostile.

The best way to cut on 3070 ti power drain is to get a 3070, that GDDR6X gives you very little for a lot of power dissipation. I guess it would be great for mining except, well, you know.

Soldato
Just picked up my RTX 3070 Ti FE....could not hold out any longer and had to pay £740, though hugely offset by the selling my 2070...boy some people are making huge sums of money...Still happy with the shiny new 3070 Ti FE. First FE card I have ever owned and it is extremely well put together..

You had too ? So you paid a scalper did you get an invoice don't know how warranty works if you need it , 3070ti drops are £529 I was close to giving in buying 3080 AIB for £1100 these are from retailers glad I held out and managed to buy 3080fe from the drop for £650

Soldato
Yeah we have to do what we can in the time we have. I understand when working you cant be ready to buy FE's all day. If you can offset by selling current GPU's generally you aren't getting a bad price.

A relative has just sold their 2070 Super for around £450 to offset their 3070 Ti FE drop. Best combo really - lowest price new GPU and decent price on used.

Associate
how much do you think i can flog by Sapphie Nitro+ 6800XT with an AC waterblock for? Can't access MM so can't pricecheck, but once i get a 3080FE, the 6800XT won't be needed anymore

Associate
Thanks, do you know of a good tutorial for this?

Just search in YouTube for 'msi afterburner voltage curve' and look for videos related to 30 series cards. I just watched a couple and then got to it, it's quite easy. You can always come back and ask should you have any specific questions.

Soldato
how much do you think i can flog by Sapphie Nitro+ 6800XT with an AC waterblock for? Can't access MM so can't pricecheck, but once i get a 3080FE, the 6800XT won't be needed anymore

I thought the 6800XT was as good, if not better, than the 3080?
Sold auctions show £800+

Back
Top Bottom