• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Caporegime
Should I swap my 3070 FE and £175 for an Asus Rog Strix 3070? :D

Having owned both FE and AIB. Pointless. I actually think the FE is better in terms of improving airflow and it's looks are simple and minimalistic but that isn't a bad thing. I am now thinking I went overboard on RGB and going back to a FE card my system I feel looks much nicer as a result.

Associate
Having owned both FE and AIB. Pointless. I actually think the FE is better in terms of improving airflow and it's looks are simple and minimalistic but that isn't a bad thing. I am now thinking I went overboard on RGB and going back to a FE card my system I feel looks much nicer as a result.
Thank you for your comments. That’s my fear, thinking that I went all out on RGBs and maybe could have saved that money for something else. I really do like the Lian Li o11 dynamic, and I did try to find an alternative build but couldn’t find one that I liked

Soldato
Thank you for your comments. That’s my fear, thinking that I went all out on RGBs and maybe could have saved that money for something else. I really do like the Lian Li o11 dynamic, and I did try to find an alternative build but couldn’t find one that I liked
why not just keep the FE and invest the cash into a custom water cooling block setup which the Lian Li will showcase really well if you care about the looks.

Associate
why not just keep the FE and invest the cash into a custom water cooling block setup which the Lian Li will showcase really well if you care about the looks.
I don’t feel the FE goes well with the Lian li o11 mini that’s mainly the reason why I wanna switch. I wouldn’t buy the Lian Li Strimer cables. And I see your point, but this is my first proper gaming PC, so i don’t wanna go all out on watercooling. Also want to keep things as affordable as possible. Without the GPU swap, my build comes to a shy £1500.

I might end up keeping the 3070 FE everyone. But the other half of me says that I deserve it, and I should swap the GPUs. I don’t treat myself often. But then again, this PC is a treat to myself. And given my circumstances, I am saving up for a house and a car too. So there’s that!

I haven’t found any really nice black PC builds otherwise I’d have gone for that, because I reckon with a black PC build I could make it for £1400 max

Caporegime
I don’t feel the FE goes well with the Lian li o11 mini that’s mainly the reason why I wanna switch. I wouldn’t buy the Lian Li Strimer cables. And I see your point, but this is my first proper gaming PC, so i don’t wanna go all out on watercooling. Also want to keep things as affordable as possible. Without the GPU swap, my build comes to a shy £1500.

I might end up keeping the 3070 FE everyone. But the other half of me says that I deserve it, and I should swap the GPUs. I don’t treat myself often. But then again, this PC is a treat to myself. And given my circumstances, I am saving up for a house and a car too. So there’s that!

I haven’t found any really nice black PC builds otherwise I’d have gone for that, because I reckon with a black PC build I could make it for £1400 max

I feel like you have already made the decision that you will buy the AIB card and are now looking for justification.

Do what you want it is your money but the FE cards are solid if you get one with decent thermal pads but that isn't an issue on the 3070.

If you are planning on doing the upgrade. It shouldn't cost you anything because 3070 FE are highly sought after. Unless you sell for cost on mm. eBay would be better for making a profit but then you risk is eBay buyers and scammers.

Soldato
I feel like you have already made the decision that you will buy the AIB card and are now looking for justification.

Do what you want it is your money but the FE cards are solid if you get one with decent thermal pads but that isn't an issue on the 3070.

If you are planning on doing the upgrade. It shouldn't cost you anything because 3070 FE are highly sought after. Unless you sell for cost on mm. eBay would be better for making a profit but then you risk is eBay buyers and scammers.
CeX could be an option for him.
£735 cash could help him to make the switch, but yeh, I agree I would keep the FE.

Associate

The thing is the guy selling the Asus Rog Strix 3070 wants £1200 for it, he said he would swap the 3070 FE and £175 cash. eBay prices for 3070 FE is £1000 which is nuts seeing as though they are only worth £480 with delivery. I was also looking at a V1 card and not an LHR card as I know those will hold their value for longer.

Seems like a lot of people think I should stick with the 3070 FE - I can understand why as aesthetics really do increase the cost. I would have made the switch if it wasn't for £175 extra.

Caporegime
The thing is the guy selling the Asus Rog Strix 3070 wants £1200 for it, he said he would swap the 3070 FE and £175 cash. eBay prices for 3070 FE is £1000 which is nuts seeing as though they are only worth £480 with delivery. I was also looking at a V1 card and not an LHR card as I know those will hold their value for longer.

Seems like a lot of people think I should stick with the 3070 FE - I can understand why as aesthetics really do increase the cost. I would have made the switch if it wasn't for £175 extra.

I just swapped a MSI Suprim X which is the best looking RGB 3080 card for a FE 3080ti and IMO the founders looks better. The 3080 was far too big and therefore just looked messy and garish. I honestly would stick you are paying £175 for looks. Also non LHR card won't hold their value better. Ethereum mining will be dead in 4-5 months. Unless you plan on selling within the next 4-5 months 3070 LHR cards will sell for exactly the same price as non LHR cards. Also remember they have already boosted LHR cards form 50% to 70% power for ethereum mining. Only a matter of time until someone unlocks 100% and LHR cards are just as expensive within the next few months.

Associate
I just swapped a MSI Suprim X which is the best looking RGB 3080 card for a FE 3080ti and IMO the founders looks better. The 3080 was far too big and therefore just looked messy and garish. I honestly would stick you are paying £175 for looks. Also non LHR card won't hold their value better. Ethereum mining will be dead in 4-5 months. Unless you plan on selling within the next 4-5 months 3070 LHR cards will sell for exactly the same price as non LHR cards. Also remember they have already boosted LHR cards form 50% to 70% power for ethereum mining. Only a matter of time until someone unlocks 100% and LHR cards are just as expensive within the next few months.
Yeah, this makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. But if ETH mining dies down, I'm sure there will be an alternative though. A lot of people are speaking about Raven coin? I managed to grab a Vision OC 3070 for £750 a couple of days ago, its a V2 LHR model, but mining with an LHR card seems pointless because you're making next to nothing with one card considering electricity bills etc so I may return it. I just thought whilst I'm not gaming i could do some mining and see where ETH goes in the upcoming years. But you're right, I'm essentially playing £175 for looks. My cheaper build with a 5000D would cost £1300 but doing a Lian Li build is one I definitely want to do and it'll cost £1475 - i cant find a nice black build that i would be happy with, i feel the Lian Li really stands out. But upgrading the GPU would take it to £1650. Just feel a bit silly knowing I'm doing this for aesthetics hence the hard decision.

Caporegime
Yeah, this makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. But if ETH mining dies down, I'm sure there will be an alternative though. A lot of people are speaking about Raven coin? I managed to grab a Vision OC 3070 for £750 a couple of days ago, its a V2 LHR model, but mining with an LHR card seems pointless because you're making next to nothing with one card considering electricity bills etc so I may return it. I just thought whilst I'm not gaming i could do some mining and see where ETH goes in the upcoming years. But you're right, I'm essentially playing £175 for looks. My cheaper build with a 5000D would cost £1300 but doing a Lian Li build is one I definitely want to do and it'll cost £1475 - i cant find a nice black build that i would be happy with, i feel the Lian Li really stands out. But upgrading the GPU would take it to £1650. Just feel a bit silly knowing I'm doing this for aesthetics hence the hard decision.

LHR only effects Ethereum nothing else.

Ethereum mining is slowly being killed off so 3070 LHR Vs non LHR will be the same profit wise in 4 months.

So it doesn't matter what card you have profit will be the same on both

Associate
Thank you both for your input, I’m not sure on the sole reason of releasing LHR cards. My guess is just because of the shortage.

Is this an end for V1 cards because I rarely see any made anymore? It’s typically V2 LHR cards

Back
Top Bottom