• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
I know but I am trying to make the swap from a Vega 56 for no cost. Don't really think I could sell it for >£500 nor do I want to.

I understand but you also know what I mean, you may regret it. Also with supers coming soon and an expected price hike with them and then all these versions of the cards will be gone for good, I think the 3080fe's and 3090fe's are now done and will be replaced with supers too and a new price. You can tell from the last drop (drop before this one today) they seem to have had a clear out of the 3090s and 3080s.

Soldato
You are basically buying something faster than 2080ti for £530. You can't even buy a 2080ti used for that..
Exactly. I just picked the 3070TI FE (£529) up for my brother and I'm sure he'll be chuffed at better than 2080Ti performance which, lest we forget, was selling for £1200 as standard, pre pandemic, mining, brexit etc. So on balance it is still a great buy.

Soldato
Associate
Got a 3070 Ti in the drop today. Only installed Telegram last night. Can’t believe I feel lucky to be allowed to purchase a graphics card, but I do feel lucky.

Plan is for this to be swapped with another build - 3070 Ti goes into my gaming desktop, and my current 3080 water cooled card to go into a new living room family VR setup we decided to build alongside a new television, just in time for winter days at home. Not sure if I will watercool the VR build or just go simple.

Associate
Exactly, basically 10-20% better than a 2080ti depending on the game. Guessing this was the card that should have been the real 3080 this gen, but amd scared nvidia with their fake pricing too.

yep 100% Nvidia would have charged more for the whole 30 series range if it wasn't for AMD actually having competitive cards this generation , somehow i doubt they will be doing that again and reckon we are in for a shock come 40 series as discussed in the other thread about prices. The msrp of the 30 series isn't actually to bad it just the aib prices are an absolute joke . the 30fe cards are actually good valve in todays climate if you manage to buy one at msrp.

Soldato
Its clearly not getting any better, CEX are upping their prices again, there is no end in sight, don't even think the Intel cards coming out will make a difference as they're still made on TSMC rather than Intels own fabs..

Permabanned
Its clearly not getting any better, CEX are upping their prices again, there is no end in sight, don't even think the Intel cards coming out will make a difference as they're still made on TSMC rather than Intels own fabs..

:cry: People are still stock pilling GPUs.

Managed to get hold of my link today :cool:;):p Although mine says it has been picked and authorised payment, I hope they can deliver Next Day (Friday). Although I was not offered Next day delivery instead they said Saturday delivery at six pounds which I think is pricey for postage when I need to wait until saturday.

Don't think they will block as a multiple order as will be angry.

Last edited:
Associate
The way I see it the 3070ti should last me a bit longer than a 3060Ti (which is what I intended to buy) would have so there's additional value there, plus it should be more capable at 4K, which is a nice to have for me

Permabanned
Managed to get hold of mine today:cool: Although mine says it has been picked
The way I see it the 3070ti should last me a bit longer than a 3060Ti (which is what I intended to buy) would have so there's additional value there, plus it should be more capable at 4K, which is a nice to have for me

3070Ti FE is a good buy at 1080P maybe 1440p would'nt be so happy with one for heavy 4k gaming right now if you want to crank up all the settings to max. But you can still do some 4k of weaker requirement games I think.

Permabanned
OMG it has been dispatched at 1pm today :cry:. Now that is how to do sell!
Purchased at 12:29pm and Dispatch at 1pm. Thats just crazy fast! I would definitely purchase more products. Only thing that beats that is OcUKs Free postage ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom