• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
3090 is properly seated and secured.
12 month old RM850x
2 seperate power cables from PSU.

even tried the original Corsair power cables instead of the sleeved Corsair power cables.

it buzzes the same. Warzone, black ops, insurgency sandstorm.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Shame you dont do 4K8KW10 mate!?.. :p
Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Lol. Plus you know me, I am a TNA man.

What version?
My 3070 laptop can just barely do 4k in the lowest demanding games. Defo can't do 4k in COD or Cyberpunk2077,RDR2.

I know desktop is faster.
Laptop one as you know is nothing like desktop. I have a 2060 or 2070 in my Laptop and it just about does what a 1070 desktop does. Lol. Silly naming schemes by Nvidia.

I am about to resume playing RDR2 soon, should be easy to do with DLSS. I mean it was not hard doing it with a few tweaks in settings when I had a 3080 and back then there was no DLSS, so should be super easy now.

Trouble is, most people want to whack everything on highest and then when they can’t get it to do 4K60 they think oh I need a new graphics card. But spend 5 minutes turning off crap that actually lowers image quality, maybe a lower setting or two that makes **** all difference to image quality when actually playing where you need screenshots to see the difference and voilà job done.

Will take a look at my settings soon and post back.

Associate
Replacement 3090 FE received yesterday.
And the Coil Whine on it is terrible. Even limiting it to 60fps at 1440p, it’s still extremely noticeable.

And yet the MSI 3080 it replaces is Silent.

Hmmm, 3rd time lucky??? Or is it time to call it a draw.

My 3090 FE have coil whine too, didn't notice at the beginning but suddenly buzzing noise became very loud for few weeks.

I did took the card out to check and reconnected all cables (tested with card 12 pin adapter to 2 separate 8 pin cables, Corsair 12 pin gpu cable) but nothing change, then after a while the loud buzzing noise became less noticeable, I still can hear buzzing while gaming but only notice if you attention and get very close the case.

Soldato
wont get coil whine in mining, think it only happens when the card is fully stressed , I had 3080fe with excessive whine only in benchmarks/ gaming not in mining the replacement also has it but isnt as bad and most of it gets drowned out when the fans kick in during gaming also undervolting really lowers it

Associate
My 3090 FE have coil whine too, didn't notice at the beginning but suddenly buzzing noise became very loud for few weeks.

I did took the card out to check and reconnected all cables (tested with card 12 pin adapter to 2 separate 8 pin cables, Corsair 12 pin gpu cable) but nothing change, then after a while the loud buzzing noise became less noticeable, I still can hear buzzing while gaming but only notice if you attention and get very close the case.

Tried that already. The whine/ buzz can be heard from 3 meters away over the fan noise.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
3070 will do 4K if only looking for 60hz gaming.
Yep. It’s all I need as all I do is single player stuff. No twitch gaming.

@Sarge2255 - For quick test I set the main preset to ultra, only turned off motion blur, no DLSS and in game I was getting 40-50fps. Did a benchmark and that got average 51.9fps (keep in mind my gsync is in so max is 60). The low was 37.3 in benchmark.

With that I can confidently say one could tweak it to make it playable without even with DLSS. If you use DLSS then there is no reason one can’t do 4K60 solid. So yeah, the 3070 is a very capable 4K card if you don’t need silly fps. Will play 99.9% of games just fine. Now if you need 144fps then that is another story, even a 3090 can’t do that though as you would need like more than double the grunt for that and the gap between the 3070 and 3090 ain’t that big.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Laptop one as you know is nothing like desktop. I have a 2060 or 2070 in my Laptop and it just about does what a 1070 desktop does. Lol. Silly naming schemes by Nvidia.
I am about to resume playing RDR2 soon, should be easy to do with DLSS. I mean it was not hard doing it with a few tweaks in settings when I had a 3080 and back then there was no DLSS, so should be super easy now.
Will take a look at my settings soon and post back.

Agree. Also feedback on the RDR2 as I am waiting for price to drop below £30 and may play this title now I have a decent GPU!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Agree. Also feedback on the RDR2 as I am waiting for price to drop below £30 and may play this title now I have a decent GPU!
I picked it up for less than that ages ago. All you need to do is keep an eye out for steam wallet someone wants to get rid of due to selling skins so they can gift it to you at a discount price or buy discounted steam gift cards. I think it was £33 on steam back then, but due to discounted steam credits it was less then £30 really :D

First I help you sourcing your 3090 FE, now games for it :cry:

Permabanned

I picked it up for less than that ages ago. All you need to do is keep an eye out for steam wallet someone wants to get rid of due to selling skins so they can gift it to you at a discount price or buy discounted steam gift cards. I think it was £33 on steam back then, but due to discounted steam credits it was less then £30 really :D

From what I hear, I reckon you would be really happy with a 3080 / 3090 considering you are getting so much out of a 3070

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Genuiniely didnt know about steam gifting - still seems a bit dodgy but happy to listen to your coaching again!

I tried the cd key sites and never seen it under £30 to be fair. As it has been out AGES I was hoping it would be more like £20 by now!

Soldato
Genuiniely didnt know about steam gifting - still seems a bit dodgy but happy to listen to your coaching again!

I tried the cd key sites and never seen it under £30 to be fair. As it has been out AGES I was hoping it would be more like £20 by now!

just looked cheapest I found is £26.41

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
From what I hear, I reckon you would be really happy with a 3080 / 3090 considering you are getting so much out of a 3070
Why is that? :)

I already had a 3080 and sold it for massive profit to CEX when they were offering £1600+. The 3070 has performed surprisingly well, enough so that I do not miss the extra 20% performance of the 3080. To be fair I am not the most demanding gamer. I just like my image quality, but do not need high fps to have fun.

Back
Top Bottom