• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Associate
In todays market its actually a good deal imo , it offers 98% of a 3090 performance but doesn't come with a 3090 price tag which at the min is anywhere from £1400 to £2500 and people are still paying that amount for 3090. yes next :(to a £650 3080 it doesn't look such a good deal BUT the 3080FE cards are so few and far between that you risk never getting a card if you have your heart set on a £650 FE. performance wise these are probably the next best thing if you are after 3080 or more level performance for a reasonable price ... yes they are all expensive but at least its not £1700 +.

Also I imagine this is exactly how retailers want us to look at it i.e. its good deal in today's market. Problem being the market is f*ked!

Associate
Also I imagine this is exactly how retailers want us to look at it i.e. its good deal in today's market. Problem being the market is f*ked!

Oh i 100% agree with it being absolutely ****** at the minute and the future doesn't look to good either with the way AIB cards are flying off the shelfs at ludicrous prices . Nvidia would have notice this and is very likely one of the main reasons we are about to get new versions and potentially higher prices across the range as they probably feel like they are missing out even though the FE cards would be considered expensive in normal times. With the situation we are in now i don't blame anyone who buys a 3080ti FE for £1050 as for that type of card it is probably the cheapest you will get it for in todays climate which is not a good situation to be in for any of us tbh but until people stop paying £2500+ for a 3090 then things wont be changing i fear:(

Associate
Oh i 100% agree with it being absolutely ****** at the minute and the future doesn't look to good either with the way AIB cards are flying off the shelfs at ludicrous prices . Nvidia would have notice this and is very likely one of the main reasons we are about to get new versions and potentially higher prices across the range as they probably feel like they are missing out even though the FE cards would be considered expensive in normal times. With the situation we are in now i don't blame anyone who buys a 3080ti FE for £1050 as for that type of card it is probably the cheapest you will get it for in todays climate which is not a good situation to be in for any of us tbh but until people stop paying £2500+ for a 3090 then things wont be changing i fear:(

Agreed. Sad state of affairs!

I know it's long term, but Nvidia might be shooting themselves in the foot. I'm imagine a situation where consumers move to consoles (certainly considering this myself at the moment). Mining goes bust (not outwith the realms of possibility). Then their market is depleted. I'm pretty sure that currently all they are seeing is pound signs though.

Caporegime
Agreed. Sad state of affairs!

I know it's long term, but Nvidia might be shooting themselves in the foot. I'm imagine a situation where consumers move to consoles (certainly considering this myself at the moment). Mining goes bust (not outwith the realms of possibility). Then their market is depleted. I'm pretty sure that currently all they are seeing is pound signs though.

Nobody is moving to console who has a working gaming pc.

The people on here saying that they are gaming on a 780ti who now all of a sudden after 10 years have decided it's time to upgrade seems to be a case of FOMO. Why didn't they upgrade before?

People could have easily bought a 20 series GPU and those are still great for gaming today. I know I got a great deal on a brand new 2070 super on black Friday a couple of years ago.

The only ones who are truly stuffed is those that haven't ever had a gaming pc before and are new to the market. They genuinely would consider a console instead.

But if I have a gaming pc I'm not going to buy a console under any means. If your GPU has died then that's the risk of running a GPU outwith warranty. You can get a 3060ti for £500. Same price as a console so not exactly a deal breaker in that you refuse to buy a GPU and get a console that costs the exact same.

Soldato
I was a bit salty thinking the 3080fe is likely EOL, but actually £650 is the most I could pay for a card. I suppose the 12gb version will be £150 more...too rich for me.

Associate

The people on here saying that they are gaming on a 780ti who now all of a sudden after 10 years have decided it's time to upgrade seems to be a case of FOMO. Why didn't they upgrade before?

People could have easily bought a 20 series GPU and those are still great for gaming today. I know I got a great deal on a brand new 2070 super on black Friday a couple of years ago.

The only ones who are truly stuffed is those that haven't ever had a gaming pc before and are new to the market. They genuinely would consider a console instead.

But if I have a gaming pc I'm not going to buy a console under any means. If your GPU has died then that's the risk of running a GPU outwith warranty. You can get a 3060ti for £500. Same price as a console so not exactly a deal breaker in that you refuse to buy a GPU and get a console that costs the exact same.

Think you are being rather short sighted. It looks, certainly at present, that the price gouge will continue for a few years. It doesn't take a terribly long period of time before the previous gen cards don't perform in line with what pc gamers expect. Lower end cards are getting more and more expensive.

You might not be considering a console, that certainly doesn't mean that "Nobody is moving to console who has a working gaming pc.". That is a wild statement to make.

Associate

ironically enough even getting a 3060TI for 500 is hard. The market is simply ******, and i know mates that were using 580s and 1060s and ended up going console because the prices are just silly, before you could upgrade every 2-3 years to a 200 quid GPU and you were good to go, 200 quid will get you nothing nowadays so honestly its hard to see why some people are ****** and leaving pc gaming.

Associate
ironically enough even getting a 3060TI for 500 is hard. The market is simply ******, and i know mates that were using 580s and 1060s and ended up going console because the prices are just silly, before you could upgrade every 2-3 years for a 200 quid GPU and you were good to go, 200 quid will get you nothing nowadays so honestly its hard to see why some people are ****** and leaving pc gaming.
The thing with PC gaming though, you dont NEED a top end GPU to still play tons of games.
I know just 1 friend with a current-gen GPU. The rest have stuff as old as 960s, yet we still play every week.

If you have no PC, then yes getting into PC gaming is a bit of a no-goer right now. A pre-build might be the best way, and the current gen consoles sure look a better deal than that.

But if you have a PC, even one that's 6-8yrs old, there are so many games that play just fine. The friends I have with 960s managed to play and complete Far Cry 5. Sure it wasn't at high settings, but they enjoyed the game none the less.

I dont think this GPU price crisis will do anything long-term to PC gaming. If anything, more people will hang on to older hardware for longer. Thus requiring games to be able to run on them. As no point making a game if majority of player base cant play it.

Soldato
Any gamers buying Gpus for inflated prices should be mining in their downtime whether they like mining or not as that's the only way you'll offset the cost while the ability to mine and the crypto prices has pretty much been priced in to the cost of GPUs at this point.

Caporegime
ironically enough even getting a 3060TI for 500 is hard. The market is simply ******, and i know mates that were using 580s and 1060s and ended up going console because the prices are just silly, before you could upgrade every 2-3 years to a 200 quid GPU and you were good to go, 200 quid will get you nothing nowadays so honestly its hard to see why some people are ****** and leaving pc gaming.

200 quid won't get you a console either

Associate
Any gamers buying Gpus for inflated prices should be mining in their downtime whether they like mining or not as that's the only way you'll offset the cost while the ability to mine and the crypto prices has pretty much been priced in to the cost of GPUs at this point.

This 100% , couldn't agree more . while it is frowned upon by some it is not illegal as long as your not stealing the electric it is probably the only way to actually get these gpu for something resembling a decent price once you have put it to work and got back the difference or even better made it pay for itself :)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
This 100% , couldn't agree more . while it is frowned upon by some it is not illegal as long as your not stealing the electric it is probably the only way to actually get these gpu for something resembling a decent price once you have put it to work and got back the difference or even better made it pay for itself :)

Some of us have been saying it for 11 months now.. :rolleyes: it is a trigger point and doesn't bring out the best in people ;)

Soldato
Yes its not much faster than a 3080 BUT when was the last time you could pick up a 3080 for £650 , hell even AIB 3080 are £1200 at the minute ...

So I guess the £650 3080s are gone forever? no way will a super be anywhere near that price.

Feel very special to have managed to get one.

Associate
So I guess the £650 3080s are gone forever? no way will a super be anywhere near that price.

Feel very special to have managed to get one.

well not gone forever but noticeable in there absence and haven't been seen in the UK for 2 months now although there was an EU drop of 3080 last week so it is possible that one is incoming shortly here but weather you can actually manage to grab one in the 30 second window that is another thing :rolleyes:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FRoS-x8yIyzNWbdZ9viB46C4LjoDkK9Dj4YfbcYxlg0/edit#gid=0

Yeah i think anyone who managed to get a card at msrp be it an FE or AIB when they were 1st released with their real prices intact ( ie i paid £1700 for my 3090 Strix, they are now selling for £2500 ) is feeling pretty happy right about now.... i do feel for those that are left at the mercy of these prices we have now as had it been like this at release my choices of card would have been very different!

Back
Top Bottom