• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Not really any of our business, Shailendra Raja the CEO is a mate of a mate of mine, he used to work with him and Gibbo who used to work for ocuk. Were lucky any of them make there way to general public.

He could easily list 75 % of the shipment on eBay or straight to cex. That would be a better option for his company if they want to make more money

I imagine Nvidia would have something to say about their sole UK reseller for FE cards acting in such a manner

Associate
I might see if I can get an FE3090 on a drop and then stick mine on the bay starting at what the 3090FE costs me and see where it goes lol
1 card per household malarkey. But this is what I did. Bought a 3080FE, the misses grabbed a 3090 FE, my 3080 went to CEX for £1550. Absolute no brainer

Soldato
My 3080FE arrived as well and still sitting on my desk looking pretty. I kind of didn't consider the fact I have to dismantle the water cooling loop I have for CPU and GPU(5700XT Red Devil)!
May have to put just the CPU in the loop, 480 + 360 Monsta for a single CPU! At least I can have RAD fans at lower rpm.

Associate
My 3080FE arrived as well and still sitting on my desk looking pretty. I kind of didn't consider the fact I have to dismantle the water cooling loop I have for CPU and GPU(5700XT Red Devil)!
May have to put just the CPU in the loop, 480 + 360 Monsta for a single CPU! At least I can have RAD fans at lower rpm.

Mine's in the boot of the car, at work until 7. Probably won't get the chance to fit it until tomorrow or maybe even next week due to Black Friday.

Associate
I need to work out settings on my games. Been playing with a 1070 and cod is giving me 180 fps on current settings ha ha

I was just lazy and changed to ultra settings on my old games.

Wreckfest is one I play a lot and had low settings for racing online with the Vega 56 so I could keep 100+ FPS.

With the 3080ti I turned everything to max and I get a solid 165.

I guess the 3080ti is more than enough for 1440p

I think in most games max settings will be fine.

Associate
Yeah never was fan of past FE cards thankfully this gens FE build quality / design is good as it's only way to get cards at MSRP ;)

Indeed. But looking at the build quality, I'm not expecting this thing to sag. Googling around suggests there's zero sag on these things, so I'll be able to get rid of the anti-sag bracket I have in, which I like the idea of. While it's nice with its RGB, I think it's a bit much RGB. I have 9 RGB fans and 2 RGB strips top and bottom. I couldn't be bothered unplugging the anti-sag bracket after I'd fitted it. Now I might do that.

Bit off topic, but I have an NVME drive to fit as well in the slot behind the graphics card. That'll be my Windows 11 drive, I always like to keep my current build intact on a separate SSD, so I'll keep Windows 10 on the SATA SSD as that's still fast enough as is. My question is, if I fit that and just want to leave it dormant, can I do that until I can be arsed with Windows 11? Because I can't at the moment but figured if replacing graphics card, I may as well bung the SSD in there as well and try Windows 11 in a month or two. Anyone know if I can do this with zero issues?

Associate
Indeed. But looking at the build quality, I'm not expecting this thing to sag. Googling around suggests there's zero sag on these things, so I'll be able to get rid of the anti-sag bracket I have in, which I like the idea of. While it's nice with its RGB, I think it's a bit much RGB. I have 9 RGB fans and 2 RGB strips top and bottom. I couldn't be bothered unplugging the anti-sag bracket after I'd fitted it. Now I might do that.

Bit off topic, but I have an NVME drive to fit as well in the slot behind the graphics card. That'll be my Windows 11 drive, I always like to keep my current build intact on a separate SSD, so I'll keep Windows 10 on the SATA SSD as that's still fast enough as is. My question is, if I fit that and just want to leave it dormant, can I do that until I can be arsed with Windows 11? Because I can't at the moment but figured if replacing graphics card, I may as well bung the SSD in there as well and try Windows 11 in a month or two. Anyone know if I can do this with zero issues?

Disable the M2 in the bios and it should be invisible to windows.

Soldato
Is there any way to buy a Founders Edition RTX card, and have it sent to a post office / collection point from the FE retailer?

pretty sure you cannot with them having 1per customer policy needs to go to the address the billing address is but once its with DPD you can request it to be delivered to neighbour or one of the DPD collection points to pick it from

Back
Top Bottom